Extended Data type

This question has suggested answer(s)

Can I define many EDT with same relation but with different lookup format (the first one is standard directly returns Auto look up fields from the table , the other one use FormHelp property to return many tabs )  

All Replies
  • Hi Maram,

Have a look at the warehouse lookup on a customer and the lookup for this same field on a order line. Is this like your requirement?

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

• Yes, you can do this.

There are many ways in which we can have lookup for a field

1) Auto lookup which utilizes Table relation setup

2) Override the lookup method on the form datasource field

3) Override the lookup method on the form control

4) create a lookup form and update the EDT FormHelp property

You can use above method to define many different lookup for EDTs

Please verify

Please update with your feedback.

If this post helps you, Please verify this answer and earn Thank you Badge for yourself (Follow this link for more details https://community.dynamics.com/braggerbadges/badge/48.aspx)

Regards, NITESH RANAJN (PMP) | Dynamics AX Consultant

• I need to convert the below code segment to a lookup form by Override the lookup method on the control, can you help me how can I convert this to a

Query ??? note that create course is a customized rule added to project status rule enumeration.

while select  projTable JOIN projStatusTypeRule WHERE projTable.Type==projStatusTypeRule.ProjType && projTable.Status==projStatusTypeRule.ProjStatus && projStatusTypeRule.ProjStatusRule==ProjStatusRule::CreateCourse

{

info (projTable.ProjId);

info (projTable.Name);

}

• Hi

Here the code :

public void lookup()

{

SysTableLookup          sysTableLookup  = SysTableLookup::newParameters(tableNum(ProjTable), This);

Query                   query           = new Query();

QueryBuildDataSource    queryBuildDataSource, Qbds2;

QueryBuildRange         queryBuildRange;

;

queryBuildDataSource    = query.addDataSource(tableNum(ProjTable));

Qbds2 = queryBuildDataSource.addDataSource(tableNum(projStatusTypeRule));

Qbds2.joinMode(JoinMode::InnerJoin);

Qbds2.addLink(fieldNum(ProjTable, Type), fieldNum(projStatusTypeRule, ProjType));

Qbds2.addLink(fieldNum(ProjTable, Status), fieldNum(projStatusTypeRule, ProjStatus));

Qbds2.addRange( fieldNum( projStatusTypeRule, ProjStatusRule)).value(queryValue(ProjStatusRule::CreateCourse));

sysTableLookup.parmQuery(query);

sysTableLookup.addLookupfield(fieldNum(ProjTable,ProjId));

sysTableLookup.addLookupfield(fieldNum(ProjTable,Name));

sysTableLookup.performFormLookup();

}

Regards

Thanks & Regards

Denis Macchinetti

Senior Technical Architect