Question Status

Suggested Answer
Rebecca asked a question on 9 Feb 2014 6:52 PM

Hi team,

I want to run inventory closing, but prompt below message "Unit cost price xx.xx can be wrong as the transactions cannot be fully settled."

I know I need to post all PO as 'Invoiced' status and 'Ended' all production order.

However, the unit price can't be adjusted via inventory adjustment. Hence, the unit cost is not accurate if we invoice the PO but the pricing is not reflected.

So any other resolution on this matter? My concern now is the quantity + unit cost.

Quantity no issue but unit cost is not correct if i proceed with performing invoice of PO.

Please help~~~~~Thx

Suggested Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 9 Feb 2014 11:18 PM

Hi Zee,

This message is a warning only. What happened is that you issues goods from where the purchase order or production orders has not been fully closed.

The incoming purchase invoice has not been posted (or even not received yet). Or the production order has not been ended.

In this case the issue cannot be fully settled and will be attempted to close next time you run the inventory closing. During posting of the invoice it is possible that another cost price might be applicable.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Rebecca responded on 10 Feb 2014 4:52 AM

Hi André,

Thanks for your reply. They are using weighted average costing method.

Since just a warning, so can I proceed to close inventory without fully close the PO and production?

After close inventory, the unit cost is different. I change the unit price before PO invoice posting. Any impact on it?

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 10 Feb 2014 10:44 AM

Hi Zee,

As I have seen many issues in the past, I would recommend to test it in a separate environment first. Then you can close the inventory. Post e.g. the invoice and close again. See if everything is really OK with the given inventory model.I have not implemented weighted average in AX2012 yet.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Rebecca responded on 10 Feb 2014 5:39 PM

Hi André ,

Thanks for your help. I will test it out.

Zee

Suggested Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 9 Feb 2014 11:18 PM

Hi Zee,

This message is a warning only. What happened is that you issues goods from where the purchase order or production orders has not been fully closed.

The incoming purchase invoice has not been posted (or even not received yet). Or the production order has not been ended.

In this case the issue cannot be fully settled and will be attempted to close next time you run the inventory closing. During posting of the invoice it is possible that another cost price might be applicable.

kind regards,