Question Status

Verified
Mark Naughton asked a question on 4 Mar 2014 1:31 PM

Ax 2012 > Product Information Management > Common > Released Products > Manage Costs > Item Price > Calculation >
General >

Purchase Price Model = Trade Agreement
Cost price Model = Calculation Group

Costing version = Costing Type = Planned Costing

Why does calculation not use Trade agreement prices

Verified Answer
Nasser Abushama responded on 5 Mar 2014 9:07 AM

in your setting it is very clear that you are asking the system to calculate the cost based on calculation group setting.... what is the setting in the calculation group? is it trade agreement? this is the relevant field.... 

as for Purchase Price Model field, it is used to calculate purchased cost...

kindly check and verify...

NASSER ABUSHAMA BMP, CMA, CFM, PMP Strategic Logic IT Senior Consultant

Suggested Answer
Nasser Abushama responded on 6 Mar 2014 11:07 AM

1- You can stop calculating Purchase price from the following:

Inventory and Warehouse Management>> Set up >> Costing Version >>  Recording >> Allowed price type: you have to un-check the purchase price.

2- Purchase price is used at the time of purchasing the item to control purchasing process. For example, if you want to identify a certain purchase price for according to site, you can use it if you activate the fix purchase price also...

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 4 Mar 2014 11:31 PM

Hi Mark,

Do you have products using variants like configuration, color or size? can you elaborate more on your current setup?

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Mark Naughton responded on 5 Mar 2014 7:12 AM

No variants.

Manage Costs > Item Price > Calculation > 

Notice Purchase Price Model > Trade Agreement

NAI/Inventory and warehouse management > Setup > Costing  > Costing Versions > BOM

Costing > Cost Group > CG 

Costing > Cost Group > CG > Posting

Verified Answer
Nasser Abushama responded on 5 Mar 2014 9:07 AM

in your setting it is very clear that you are asking the system to calculate the cost based on calculation group setting.... what is the setting in the calculation group? is it trade agreement? this is the relevant field.... 

as for Purchase Price Model field, it is used to calculate purchased cost...

Mark Naughton responded on 5 Mar 2014 10:44 AM

If I understand your reply,  The “Purchase price model” would be used if we were to purchase this item and then resell it. It is not related to raw materials used in the manufacture of our product. In a manufacturing environment like ours, the "Purchase Price model" is not applicable, is there a way in AX to eliminate it?

Suggested Answer
Nasser Abushama responded on 6 Mar 2014 11:07 AM

1- You can stop calculating Purchase price from the following:

Inventory and Warehouse Management>> Set up >> Costing Version >>  Recording >> Allowed price type: you have to un-check the purchase price.

2- Purchase price is used at the time of purchasing the item to control purchasing process. For example, if you want to identify a certain purchase price for according to site, you can use it if you activate the fix purchase price also...