Question Status

Unanswered
Dhanoop Ramdas Warrier asked a question on 18 Mar 2014 12:00 AM

Hi,

I have some products, which has two units. I mean the products are coming inside the box and in each box may be there is 30 or 50 units. So if I sell 2 units means actually I am selling 60 units(2*30) or 100 units(2*50). Any idea how can I import these two different units in the system? And i have to display the same on Sales Invoice also.

Thanks in advance

Dhanoop R.Warrier

Dominic Lee responded on 18 Mar 2014 12:45 AM

Hi Dhanoop,

I recommend setting the "inventory unit" of items to its least possible unit. Then, you can setup additional unit which translate from the least possible unit.

For example, one box can have 30 pcs or 50 pcs. Set the inventory unit to "pcs". Then add 2 new unit call "30pcBox" and "50pcBox" and set their respective conversion from "pcs".

Finally, set language specific Unit texts for both "30pcBox" and "50pcBox" so in document generated they show a more user friendly description. (e.g. Boxes)

Kind regards,

Dominic Lee

kind regards,

Dominic Lee

My blog | PBC

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Dhanoop Ramdas Warrier responded on 25 Mar 2014 11:46 PM

Hi Lee,

I can see the option "Unit Conversion" on top of the released products. How does it work? I think there I can put the conversion like 1box = 30 pieces or something. And if I put that can I put the price per piece and the price of the 1 box is supposed to be (30* 1 piece) price and it can be displayed on the invoice?

Thanks in advance,

Dhanoop R.Warrier

Dominic Lee responded on 25 Mar 2014 11:54 PM

Hi Dhanoop,

That option prompts you to setup unit conversion with respect to a certain item. For example, you can set 1 box = 30 pcs for Item A, and 1 box = 45pcs for Item B. You don't need to setup 2 different "box"es in this case.

In standard AX, it doesn't automatically translate prices between units. You'll have to setup default price per pieces AND per box. Customization will be needed to fulfill this requirement.

Kind regards,

Dominic Lee

kind regards,

Dominic Lee

My blog | PBC

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Dhanoop Ramdas Warrier responded on 26 Mar 2014 12:03 AM

Hi Lee,

As you said I have to set up two different prices for the two different units like Pieces and box?

Is it possible to set up two different prices for the two different units for the same item?

Customization in the sense you mean for the display in Invoice?

Thanks,

Dhanoop R.Warrier

Dominic Lee responded on 26 Mar 2014 12:14 AM

Hi Dhanoop,

1) You can setup price per item-unit combination in standard AX. So "two different prices for two different units for one item" is supported.

2) Customization is needed if you want prices to be translated according to unit conversion.

e.g. You setup per-piece price for Item A to be $10. And you also setup unit conversion of 1box = 30pcs for Item A.

Now if you enter a sales order line of 1 pc of Item A, $10 will be automatically entered to unit price.

However, if you enter 1 box of Item A, the unit price will remain 0. If you want AX to enter unit price = $300 for 1 box of Item A, customization is needed.

Kind regards,

Dominic Lee

kind regards,

Dominic Lee

My blog | PBC