Question Status

Unanswered
lally asked a question on 7 May 2014 8:29 PM

Hi All ,

i am putting an example for consolidation, request you please help me .

I have the 3 companies  CX, CY , CZ and CC ( Consolidation company) in the same database.

CX , CY , CZ and CC has the follwoing accounts.

CX1        CY1      CZ1    CC1

CX2         CY2    CZ2      CC2

CX3         CY3     CZ3     CC3

CX4         CY4     CZ4     CC4

CX3 , CY3      and CZ3  ( Credit balances)

CX4         CY4 and   CZ4 ( Debit balances ) these accounts has the intercompany transactions.

Now i want to do the consolidation in the CC company , in this process i have some questions.

a) Now i open the consolidation company and click the Consolidation online - > Elimination rule , In the Elimination rule , which company is the Destination company ( when i click on that it will show all companies ) ?

b)  In the lines which accounts i need to select ?

Could you clarify my above questions or if you have any document prepared with the real example , please share the document .

lally responded on 8 May 2014 8:02 PM

Any sound from pioneers ?

lally responded on 14 May 2014 9:02 PM

Any sound from pioneers ?

aahmednafea responded on 15 May 2014 12:04 AM

Hi Lally,

a) Now I open the consolidation company and click the Consolidation online - > Elimination rule , In the Elimination rule , which company is the Destination company ( when I click on that it will show all companies ) ?

Regarding this question, you need to select the legal entity where you want the elimination journal to be created, depending on the requirement this could be the Consolidation Company in your case CC.

b)  In the lines which accounts I need to select ?

The accounts are the one you want to include in the elimination process such as intercompany accounts.

Before you attempt this on a production environment, I recommend that you run it in a test environments and confirm the results against the requirements. Furthermore, you could use demo image to understand the logic behind consolidation.

Hope this helps and all the best.

Ahmed