Question Status

Suggested Answer
user2022 asked a question on 8 Jun 2014 1:34 AM

Hello,

What the dependency between the HR and Payroll modules and the rest of AX modules ?

On other way, If I need to cancel the HR and Payroll modules from MS AX. What are the modules that will be affected ?

Regards

Saravanan L responded on 8 Jun 2014 12:00 PM

The dependency between HR and Payroll is basically running payroll for the workers in the company. This has quite a few dependencies between them; mainly to highlight Absences (which directly affect the payroll), Taxation and Labour union. Look at the configuration keys to get an idea of the complete list.

Secondly, Payroll can be safely ignored. But HR, the workers and employees are the core pieces who is linked to every other module typically Procurement, S&M.

Regards,

Saravanan L | Enterprise Architect | MCT | My Blog

Mr. Bert Stegeman responded on 9 Jun 2014 8:27 AM

Please look at our website where you can find 33 reasons for using the HRM module of Dynamics AX. www.fourvision.com.

This subject is also available as a brochure. Please let me know if you are interested.

kind regards,

Bert Stegeman

Suggested Answer
Denis Macchinetti responded on 9 Jun 2014 9:21 AM

Hi

I think the best way is clone the environment and remove the HR and Payroll license.

When you remove the licenses, will be showed a form where is listed the tables and fields that will be removed.

Finally, you can use this env for make a test on your processes after licenses removing.

Thanks & Regards

Denis Macchinetti

Senior Technical Architect

Suggested Answer
Kumar Gaurav responded on 15 Jun 2014 10:05 PM

Not sure why this confusion arises but with AX 2012 you really don't have to remove any core module. Can you please elaborate on your need.

Justin Hoover responded on 1 Aug 2014 1:58 PM

In AX2012 R2, the Payroll and HR modules both share the Worker, Job, Position, and Benefit tables.  Disabling the Payroll module will not have any impact on other modules throughout the system, but disabling the HR module would be a bigger impact.  Anywhere the Workers are referenced (Workflows, Project, many others) would be affected.

Patrick Vierheilig responded on 5 Aug 2014 10:19 AM

This may provide some assistance:

www.microsoft.com/.../ax2012r2

Suggested Answer
Denis Macchinetti responded on 9 Jun 2014 9:21 AM

Hi

I think the best way is clone the environment and remove the HR and Payroll license.

When you remove the licenses, will be showed a form where is listed the tables and fields that will be removed.

Finally, you can use this env for make a test on your processes after licenses removing.

Thanks & Regards

Denis Macchinetti

Senior Technical Architect

Suggested Answer
Kumar Gaurav responded on 15 Jun 2014 10:05 PM

Not sure why this confusion arises but with AX 2012 you really don't have to remove any core module. Can you please elaborate on your need.