Question Status

Suggested Answer
ChrisAX asked a question on 13 Jun 2014 12:31 PM
Hello, I have a class, creating an csv file. when I run it normaly it works, but running the class in a Batch I get the following error: Microsoft.Dynamics.Ax.Xpp.InvalidRemoteCallException: Exception of type 'Microsoft.Dynamics.Ax.Xpp.InvalidRemoteCallException' was thrown. at Dynamics.Ax.Application.AX_CMRObjectExport.Unpack(Object[] packedClass)
Suggested Answer
Sasha Nazarov responded on 13 Jun 2014 1:00 PM

It looks like AX tries to pop up a dialog, and client calls are not allowed in batch. I have seen issues when a Query object unpack resulted in a Query form shown. After I reset usage data, the window stopped popping up.

ChrisAX responded on 13 Jun 2014 1:43 PM

yes, deleting usage data fixed this but now I get a different one:

Microsoft.Dynamics.Ax.Xpp.ErrorException: Exception of type 'Microsoft.Dynamics.Ax.Xpp.ErrorException' was thrown.

at Dynamics.Ax.Application.BatchRun.runJobStaticCode(Int64 batchId) in BatchRun.runJobStaticCode.xpp:line 42

at Dynamics.Ax.Application.BatchRun.runJobStatic(Int64 batchId) in BatchRun.runJobStatic.xpp:line 13

at BatchRun::runJobStatic(Object[] )

at Microsoft.Dynamics.Ax.Xpp.ReflectionCallHelper.MakeStaticCall(Type type, String MethodName, Object[] parameters)

at BatchIL.taskThreadEntry(Object threadArg)

ChrisAX responded on 15 Jun 2014 11:33 AM

Any ideas? I have several batch classes and they work...but this not. Why?

Suggested Answer
Nitesh Ranjan responded on 15 Jun 2014 7:12 PM

I suggest you to perform incremental CIL compile for you Dynamics AX

You van do it from development workspace, under build menu.

ensure that you dont have any compilation error.

Please update with your feedback.

Regards, NITESH RANAJN (PMP) | Dynamics AX Consultant

If this post helps you, Please verify this answer and earn Thank you Badge for yourself (Follow this link for more details https://community.dynamics.com/braggerbadges/badge/48.aspx)

ChrisAX responded on 15 Jun 2014 10:03 PM

Hi I already did that...without success. The error still exists

Martin Dráb responded on 15 Jun 2014 11:10 PM

What code do you have at line 42 in BatchRun.runJobStaticCode()? What if you actually use debugger to debug it?

Martin "Goshoom" Dráb | Freelancer | Goshoom.NET Dev Blog

ChrisAX responded on 15 Jun 2014 11:18 PM

code is the following:

isRunBaseBatch = SysDictClass::isEgualOrSuperclass(classIdGet(batchClass), classNum(RunBaseBatch));

Debugging...how can you debug a batchjob?

Martin Dráb responded on 16 Jun 2014 12:11 AM

Please consult the section about batch jobs in Debugging in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.

Martin "Goshoom" Dráb | Freelancer | Goshoom.NET Dev Blog

Suggested Answer
Kumar Gaurav responded on 16 Jun 2014 12:24 AM

Check your pack and unpack method, if they seems alright than look for any client side code calling , eg. WINAPI class. Once that is not an issue then see if you have made run on property of class on client. After fixing everything try to generate CIL, restart aos and try it.

Suggested Answer
Sasha Nazarov responded on 13 Jun 2014 1:00 PM

It looks like AX tries to pop up a dialog, and client calls are not allowed in batch. I have seen issues when a Query object unpack resulted in a Query form shown. After I reset usage data, the window stopped popping up.

Suggested Answer
Nitesh Ranjan responded on 15 Jun 2014 7:12 PM

I suggest you to perform incremental CIL compile for you Dynamics AX

You van do it from development workspace, under build menu.

ensure that you dont have any compilation error.

Please update with your feedback.

Regards, NITESH RANAJN (PMP) | Dynamics AX Consultant

If this post helps you, Please verify this answer and earn Thank you Badge for yourself (Follow this link for more details https://community.dynamics.com/braggerbadges/badge/48.aspx)

Suggested Answer
Kumar Gaurav responded on 16 Jun 2014 12:24 AM

Check your pack and unpack method, if they seems alright than look for any client side code calling , eg. WINAPI class. Once that is not an issue then see if you have made run on property of class on client. After fixing everything try to generate CIL, restart aos and try it.