Question Status

Suggested Answer
Joseph Hodge asked a question on 12 Mar 2009 6:03 AM

For the life of me, I am trying to figure out why when upgrading from AX4.0 to AX2009, that I am running into problems with check contraints against the RECID column in PurchParmSubTable.

The only layer to this table is the 'sys' layer.

We're running SQL Server 2005, Windows Server 2008.

The interesting thing is the Demo Database works fine.

I've only seen one other person reporting this problem and they supposedly turned off database journaling on the table.  Does that sound like a good resolution ?  I figure I must be doing something wrong seeing more people haven't complained about this.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Suggested Answer
Kent Carstens responded on 18 Feb 2013 5:50 PM

Hi guys / gals,

Does anyone know if there is an official MS hotfix for this problem?  We are running into the same problem with SalesParmSubTable.  We are getting a "record does not exist" error.  

So we are saying here that turning ON / OFF database logging for this table with fix the problem?  The seems like a bad solution.  Which exact code fix listed here resolved the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Avinish Kaushik responded on 27 Mar 2011 2:04 AM

Hi All,

I am getting a similar error with salesparmsubtable.

I have two environment setup with ax 2009 sp1 India localization on windows server 2008 and sql server 2008 sp1. On my dev box there is no issue. But in my test box while confirming sales order I get an error that cannot select record in salesparmsubtable with some sales order id.

Any help is appreciated.

Kaushik.

Harald Paul responded on 28 Mar 2011 12:14 AM

Hi Kaushik,

check if salesparmsubtable is added to the database logging - if yes remove it

Kind regards,

harald

Avinish Kaushik responded on 28 Mar 2011 1:18 PM

Hi Herald,

Thanks for the reply.

There is no database log setup done in my environment.  The issue has got resolved after incorporating the code changes suggested in this blog.

Regards,

Kaushik

Suggested Answer
Kent Carstens responded on 18 Feb 2013 5:50 PM

Hi guys / gals,

Does anyone know if there is an official MS hotfix for this problem?  We are running into the same problem with SalesParmSubTable.  We are getting a "record does not exist" error.  

So we are saying here that turning ON / OFF database logging for this table with fix the problem?  The seems like a bad solution.  Which exact code fix listed here resolved the problem?

Thanks in advance.