Question Status

Unanswered
Mashook asked a question on 13 Sep 2009 4:59 AM

My workflow gets activated but it is not assigned to the user i assigned.. anybody knows please help..

Santosh Kumar Paruvella responded on 24 Feb 2010 8:01 AM

Hi Arjun,

Here the workflow originator (user who is submitting the workflow) and workflow approver must be under the groups of wfexc and wfsys.

Best Regards,

Santosh Kumar Paruvella

Arjun Reddy responded on 2 Mar 2010 9:41 AM

I used the auto-approval when setting up Workflow and yes work originator is under the group wfsys and wfexec

Naveen Kasula responded on 21 Jul 2010 12:57 AM
HI Santhosh,   I am facing the same issue and not able to solve can you pls suggest me.   Once I submit the Purchase Requisition, the workflow is not getting assigned to any one for approval. The workflow configuration setup is done properly but the Batch server is not executing the batch jobs. I had tried to follow your steps, I had executed the below jobstatic void workflowJobs(Args _args){    SysWorkflowMessageQueueManager  queueManager;    WorkflowWorkItemDueDateJob      workItemDueDateJob;    ;    queueManager = SysWorkflowMessageQueueManager::construct();    queueManager.run();    workItemDueDateJob = new WorkflowWorkItemDueDateJob();    workItemDueDateJob.run();}But this did not work.

If any another solution please help me out...

Thanks in Advance,

Naveen Kasula

Santosh Kumar Paruvella responded on 21 Jul 2010 1:04 AM

Hi Naveen,

You need to run the above job more than once until it is get assigned.... (In case batch server not working properly)

If server works fine, it will take number of iterations as shadow, based on reoccurence....

so here manually, you need to run the above job more than once...

for more information u can refer my blog entry as mentioned above.....  

still if u have issues u can contact me freely.........

Best Regards,

Santosh Kumar Paruvella.

EduardoAndres responded on 26 Jul 2010 7:08 AM

Have you debug the code when you submit the workflow? I was facing a similar issue, and I did the following:

1- I made sure that the Assignee was within the SysCompanyInfo table and the SysUserInfoTable. In my case I had to add those users to active directory and create an account in ax with the correct permissions.

2- I found the above by debugging the code line by line until I got an error with some values equal to null. From that point on it took me a whole day to fix all the issues. But basicaly were issues regarding the lack of data necessary to complete operations.

3- Make sure that in IIS the workflows have the sufficient permissions to access data (in this case you should check the Business Connector and ISAPI rights)

Good luck!

Abdul Aleem Quadri responded on 19 Aug 2010 5:32 AM

All details about setting up workflows in AX are available at the link below:

http://microsoft-axapta.blogspot.com/2009/06/creating-workflows-in-ax.html

sreess responded on 13 Oct 2013 2:49 AM

Do we need to manually run Workflow batch manually everytime. Now we are running workflow engine by going to AOT > Forms .How can we enable the workflow batch job always running backend? Please help

Julia Julia responded on 13 Oct 2013 11:03 AM

Hi,

Verify that the user have the right to approve the workflow and the calendar that you had choosed when you affect the workflow to the user!

click on the button Actions the choose "view history" to verify if the workflow is blocked or "waiting"!

Good luck