Question Status

Suggested Answer
Abhilash Palakkal asked a question on 17 Feb 2010 7:56 AM

Hi,

I have AX 2009 (with and without Enterprise Portal) and on both the environments i see that AX crashes frequently. One minute it works and next minute it does not and the following error occurs. Once we see this error the AX environment is completely useless and we have to revert to previous snapshots.

I see the the following error message.

"Error executing code: xApplication does not have method 'IsRunningMode' (S)\Classes\Application\IsRunningMode

Error executing code: Global object does not have method 'IsRunningMode' (C)\Classes\Global\IsRunningMode

No object specified on menu item SysFavoritesCreateDefaultFavGroup"

In the event log i see the following

The events logged in the event viewer are as follows

1.       Error in eventlog –

Event Type:        Error
Event Source:    Dynamics Server 01
Event Category:                None
Event ID:              110
Date:                     2/16/2010
Time:                     3:24:33 PM
User:                     N/A
Computer:          xxxxx
Description:
Object Server 01: Dialog issued for client-less session 1: Error executing code:  table does not have method 'CleanUp'.

(S)\CleanUp
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

2.       Event Type:        Error

Event Source:    Dynamics Server 01
Event Category:                None
Event ID:              110
Date:                     2/16/2010
Time:                     3:24:33 PM
User:                     N/A
Computer:          xxxxx
Description:
Object Server 01: Dialog issued for client-less session 1: Error executing code:  table does not have method 'getSettings'.

(S)\getSettings

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Any help in trying to resolve this issue would be appreciated

Thanks,

Abhilash

Suggested Answer
UMESH PANDIT responded on 19 Jul 2013 2:38 AM

Hi Abhilash,

Recompile whole AOT and check.

--

Thank you
Note - This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft.
Martin Dráb responded on 18 Feb 2010 12:54 AM

Hi,

it seems like your application isn't compiled correctly. Recompile whole AOT (and check for errors, of course).

Martin "Goshoom" Dráb | Freelancer | Goshoom.NET Dev Blog

James Chwaszczewski responded on 18 Jul 2013 1:27 PM

I had this issue after manually deleting the AX2009 application and forgetting to copy in the new application.  In essence, the Appl\(Application) directory did not have any files.  The AOS created some files and started anyway.

Suggested Answer
UMESH PANDIT responded on 19 Jul 2013 2:38 AM

Hi Abhilash,

Recompile whole AOT and check.

--

Thank you
Note - This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft.
James Chwaszczewski responded on 19 Jul 2013 6:52 AM

To clarify my answer, I believe you get these *specific* messages because you're missing one or more of the essential AOD files that are part of the application.  The kernel is looking for code that doesn't exist.  Recompiling will work, but only if you have the full application installed.