Question Status

Suggested Answer
Tim Schofield asked a question on 6 Jul 2011 6:37 PM

Hi, I'm looking at AX 2012 and posting a purchase order receipt. The scenario I'm working through is an accidental over-receipt against a purchase order. I want to be able to reverse some of the receipt. In AX 2009 you would do this by enterering a negative 'Receive now' quanity and posting that negative receipt, but in AX 2012 you get a warning that you cannot have a negative Receive now on a line with a positive Purchase order quantity, so it seems that you have to create a new, negative purchase order line. This is far from ideal, and makes the subsequent invoice posting unnecessarily complicated. Is there a simple way of doing the reversal that I've missed?

Thanks

Tim Schofield

Kadriye Alber responded on 7 Jul 2011 2:58 AM

Hi Tim,

this is a very interesting scenario. Can you post this in Connect?

Perhaps you will get an answer from them.

Thanks

Kadriye

Suggested Answer
P responded on 21 Jul 2011 10:38 AM

Hi Tim,

There is a Cancel button on the product receipt form and you can reverse your packing by clicking it. Then, re-confirm your PO and you can re-post your packing slip.

Peng

Maria Cristina Garcia responded on 26 Mar 2014 9:03 PM

Hi Peng,

Will this also work with a setup of no ledger entries for physical inventories?

Emma Husberg responded on 9 Sep 2014 6:37 AM

Hi Peng!

When we use the Cancel button and the financial period is closed- the reversal date for the physical and financial transaction will show two different dates! Ex the original packing slip date is 30th of June, the reversal is made to this transaction- the physical date is 30th of June, but since the period is financially closed in June- the financial date is July 1st.  On the same transaction........    

Suggested Answer
P responded on 21 Jul 2011 10:38 AM

Hi Tim,

There is a Cancel button on the product receipt form and you can reverse your packing by clicking it. Then, re-confirm your PO and you can re-post your packing slip.

Peng