Question Status

Suggested Answer
Owen Morehart asked a question on 24 Oct 2011 8:17 AM

Cannot access installed SSRS reports (those AX reports marked with an asterisk).

Error reads something like this:

SRSReportView error id 3: Cannot find report sysSecurity.UserpermissionsReport.autodesign on the server under the path /Dynamics.

Suggested Answer
Mehul Thacker responded on 4 Aug 2012 2:14 AM

Hi Lance,

There may be one case that version of your .Net BC and\or Reporting extension component is different than the version of Installed AOS + Application file + .net BC installed on AOS Computer.

All in all,

It could be case of VERSION mismatch between Component installed.

Thank & Regards,

Mehul Thacker

abdul samad responded on 24 Oct 2011 9:05 PM

Have you deployed the reports?

Owen Morehart responded on 26 Oct 2011 8:00 AM

What should I be looking for?  Looking in the install folder (where the software from our implementation team was loaded) I don't see anything that sticks out as SSRS reports.

abdul samad responded on 26 Oct 2011 3:50 PM

Well,

you will first have to install reporting extensions, at the end of the installation it will give you an option to deploy the reports. You can use that to deploy the reports on the server.

Owen Morehart responded on 21 Nov 2011 8:54 AM

Extensions have been installed.  However, when deploying the reports the process blows up.  Error log below...

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Dynamics.AnalysisServices, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.   at System.Reflection.Assembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)

at System.AppDomain.Load(String assemblyString)

Lance [MSFT] responded on 9 Feb 2012 6:07 PM

Microsoft.Dynamics.AnalysisServices sounds like a file from the AX Analysis Extensions component.  You could try installing that first.

One more thought ... If you deploy a few reports at a time, it might be possible to avoid the report that triggers the error.  

Suggested Answer
Mehul Thacker responded on 4 Aug 2012 2:14 AM

Hi Lance,

There may be one case that version of your .Net BC and\or Reporting extension component is different than the version of Installed AOS + Application file + .net BC installed on AOS Computer.

All in all,

It could be case of VERSION mismatch between Component installed.

Thank & Regards,

Mehul Thacker

Kassem responded on 26 Mar 2013 3:18 AM

I faced the same issue while using report server 2005 but I solved it by correcting the report server url in the report server config file, the problem is that I modified the server name long time ago but didn't change this url, please review the steps from the "Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 Installation Guide".

If you are using Reporting Services 2005, use the following procedure to update the configuration file.

1. Open the rsreportserver.config file. By default, this file is located in \Program Files\Microsoft SQL  Server\ReportingServicesInstance\Reporting Services\ReportServer.

2. Locate the UrlRoot XML element and update the URL in that element, if necessary.

<UrlRoot>https://ServerName:PortNumber/reportserver</UrlRoot>

3. Save your changes and close the file.

4. Make a backup of the rsreportserver.config file.