Dimension code combination error message

This question is answered

Can anyone tell me what this error message means?

Function DimensionStorage.setSegment has been incorrectly called.
Unable to find a unique Dimension code combination record corresponding to the entered values.

I am trying to add data in several tables/areas of AX, and I get this error message in multiple places (e.g. Cash discounts, Charge codes for shipping carriers). The error message pops up when I specify the main account to which postings are made in the cash discounts table or charge codes table.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Verified Answer
  • Make sure you have overridden your form data source "resolveReference" method.

See example here:

\Forms\LedgerAllocationRule\Data Sources\LedgerAllocationRule\Fields\OffsetLedgerDimension\Methods\resolveReference

All Replies
  • Looks like a development issue to me, I would get a developer to debug it.

Steve Weaver | Dynamics AX Solution Architect - UK | My Blog

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Make sure you have overridden your form data source "resolveReference" method.

See example here:

\Forms\LedgerAllocationRule\Data Sources\LedgerAllocationRule\Fields\OffsetLedgerDimension\Methods\resolveReference

• Thanks, this solved my issue.

• What was it?

Steve Weaver | Dynamics AX Solution Architect - UK | My Blog

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• The original issue was getting the error "Unable to find a unique Dimension code combination record corresponding to the entered values."  My form got this message after typing a valid value in the field. I thought I had followed all the steps for implementing the segmented entry but as Ser's response suggested, I had missed implementing the override for the resolve reference method of the appropriate field on my form datasource. The problem with missing this step is that the message is very difficult to track down or figuring out by stepping into with debug. If the resolve reference overrrid is missing, validation runs fine and then this message just appears in info log.

• Dear Brother,

Thanks it resolves my problem.

I have another problem, can you please suggest me.

community.dynamics.com/.../259042.aspx

Best Regards,

Ahmed