Our support engineers have assembled the top recommended solutions for you.
Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012CRM Connector in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012Financials Management in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012Upgrading to Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012
Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009
Application Object Server (AOS)
Enterprise Portal and Role Centers
Inventory Costing in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009
SSRS and SSAS Integration
I am doing an upgrade from Ax 4.0
to Dynamics Ax 2012.Now during data upgrade pre-processing when I am running
live pre-processing script, I am facing
an error inoflog which says:
" Cannot execute a data definition language
command on DEL_AccountDimensionSourceData1
(DEL_AccountDimensionSourceData1). AccountNum: , .The SQL database has issued an
Last control data: "
Also please find below event
Log Name: Application
Source: Dynamics Server 01
Date: 14.05.2012 12:32:03
Event ID: 117
Task Category: None
Object Server 01: The database reported (session 7 (ax1)): [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Incorrect syntax near '&'.. The SQL statement was: "SELECT A.ACCOUNTNUM AS f1,A.DIMENSION AS f2,A.DIMENSION2_ AS f3,A.DIMENSION3_ AS f4,A.DIMENSION4_ AS f5,A.DIMENSION5_ AS f6,N'p&u' AS DATAAREAID,1 AS RECVERSION,IDENTITY(bigint,1,1) AS RECID INTO #axapta_tmp_p&u72 FROM LEDGERTRANS A WHERE ((DATAAREAID=N'p&u') AND (ACCOUNTNUM<>' ')) GROUP BY A.ACCOUNTNUM,A.DIMENSION,A.DIMENSION2_,A.DIMENSION3_,A.DIMENSION4_,A.DIMENSION5_ ORDER BY A.ACCOUNTNUM,A.DIMENSION,A.DIMENSION2_,A.DIMENSION3_,A.DIMENSION4_,A.DIMENSION5_"
<Provider Name="Dynamics Server 01" />
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2012-05-14T10:32:03.000000000Z" />
I copy pasted the above event viewer log query into sql , and when I remove the & from highlighted text, sql query shows no error.
We are stuck here and hence cannot
proceed. Please help.
Just FYI-- This scripte has executed successfully in other companies except P&U.
Since you didn't put the method name that is failing, my guess is that you are failing in the accountDimensionPreProcessing method, and that it is failing on the insert_recordset command within that script. To get around that you will have to change that insert_recordset into a while select loop with an insert to the DEL_AccountDimensionSourceData table within the loop.
I am a bit surprised you have been able to run successfully with a DataareaID value with an '&' in it, as there are several spots in the application where you could have run into the same type of problem with the insert_recordset command.
Thanks for your ans. But I tried this approach already. And faced the same error.But when I tried to write this insert_recordset statement in Job it runs well .But failed in script. Even i comment out the whole method(accountDimensionPreProcessing ) still I am facing the same error. Also could not debug the code to figure out the exact source of error.
This sounds like a case that is too in depth to handle through community support. and would suggest that you open a support incident with an engineer who can investigate your system and understand better what is happening.
Other Microsoft Sites
I'm a Customer
I'm a Partner
Use the official Twitter tags:
#MSDYNCOMM | #CONV13