Question Status

Suggested Answer
Chintz asked a question on 24 May 2012 11:59 PM

hi,

Any one install AX2012 Component on Windows 7 professional , is it possible ....?

i have tried to install AX2012 on Windows 7 .. error saying tat logged on with a domain ......

pl help me

thanks in advance

Regards

Chintz

Amir Nazim responded on 25 May 2012 12:18 AM

are you account on windows 7 is domain account, AX can not be installed without domain account.

Volker Deuss responded on 25 May 2012 1:28 AM

I think it won't be possible anyway if you are asking for ALL components (e.g. single computer installation). At least the AOS has to be installed on Windows Server. And I don't think there's a workaround for this. Please correct me if I'm wrong :)

Volker Deuss responded on 25 May 2012 1:32 AM

// update:

Just saw that Joris said it is possible to install it on Windows 7 (see community.dynamics.com/.../71253.aspx).

I'd be interested in the way to do it because the installer doesn't allow you to do so, right?

Suggested Answer
Joris de Gruyter responded on 25 May 2012 6:25 AM

The installer will give you a warning, but you can continue without problems. Just make sure you have a 64-bit windows and plenty of ram (i have 8gb which is sufficient... more is always better of course).

I run everything... SQL, AOS, client, ssrs, ssas, EP.

There's no issue getting anything installed... no special hacks or special configuration. Except SharePoint, as outlined in the post Volker linked to above.

Suggested Answer
Joris de Gruyter responded on 25 May 2012 6:26 AM

So, you can't install on Windows 7 HOME since you need a windows 7 machine that is joined to a domain, and use a domain account, not a local account, to install and log on to AX.

Sami Hamdonah responded on 22 Apr 2013 9:49 PM

I did install AX 2012 on windows 7 using domain account but still AOS not starting I tried different accounts to start AOS but still no luck , any one can suggest solution or share with any ideas to solve this issue. I have windows 7 Enterprise with SQL 2008 installed locally.

Suggested Answer
UMESH PANDIT responded on 22 Apr 2013 10:37 PM

Hi All,

Install VM 2007 or any VM on your Windows system, then please install Windows 2008 r2 or Windows 2003 r2, the Run> DCPROMO> then take a reboot your guest OS that is Windows 2008 r2 or Windows 2003 r2, then you can install SQL after that you can install any AX 2009 or AX 2012...

Check www.DAXadmin.com

--

Thank you
Note - This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft.
Suggested Answer
UMESH PANDIT responded on 22 Apr 2013 10:39 PM

Work Around:: Get your System joined to some DC. so that you can log on as corp\Administrator ! :)

--

Thank you
Note - This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft.
Sami Hamdonah responded on 23 Apr 2013 8:44 AM

I am done installing AX 2012 on Windows 7 Ent 64 , but I am having issue with AOS wont start , can any one suggest a solution for this

Suggested Answer
UMESH PANDIT responded on 23 Apr 2013 9:18 PM

Look for error on AOS server and DB server you may find the log which can be checked it may be due to some DBV access issue or some thing missing.. Can you send the screen shot to pandit.umesh@hotmail.com?

--

Thank you
Suggested Answer
Joris de Gruyter responded on 25 May 2012 6:26 AM

So, you can't install on Windows 7 HOME since you need a windows 7 machine that is joined to a domain, and use a domain account, not a local account, to install and log on to AX.

Suggested Answer
UMESH PANDIT responded on 22 Apr 2013 10:37 PM

Hi All,

Install VM 2007 or any VM on your Windows system, then please install Windows 2008 r2 or Windows 2003 r2, the Run> DCPROMO> then take a reboot your guest OS that is Windows 2008 r2 or Windows 2003 r2, then you can install SQL after that you can install any AX 2009 or AX 2012...

Check www.DAXadmin.com

--

Thank you
Suggested Answer
UMESH PANDIT responded on 22 Apr 2013 10:39 PM

Work Around:: Get your System joined to some DC. so that you can log on as corp\Administrator ! :)

--

Thank you
Suggested Answer
UMESH PANDIT responded on 23 Apr 2013 9:18 PM

Look for error on AOS server and DB server you may find the log which can be checked it may be due to some DBV access issue or some thing missing.. Can you send the screen shot to pandit.umesh@hotmail.com?

--

Thank you