Question Status

Suggested Answer
marxxx asked a question on 6 Jun 2012 6:18 PM

We are having some performance issue with our client which is based in China and the server is located in Australia. We're thinking of creating another database in China and doing replication or synching it with the db in AU. The users in China needs the same data in realtime and they also update data.

Has anybody done this or is there another option to improve the performance. Thanks

Suggested Answer
Edwin Eu responded on 7 Jun 2012 2:30 PM

You can setup the Tranactional Database Replication.  However, make sure the network bandwidth between the Publisher database and Subscriber has a fast connections.

Suggested Answer
Rudhra Kumar responded on 11 Apr 2014 11:40 PM

Wat AX version is the client is using?

Having two database for one instance which will also cause more time to sync the database from the AX Application side.

How many users were connecting to the Application server?

Having Two or Three AOS instances which is connecting to one database  will give good performance and it is referred as a AOS Network load balancing method, did you try this before the DB replication method.

Rudra |  DYNAMICS Administrator | MCPS | MCTS | My Blog 

Amir Nazim responded on 7 Jun 2012 6:47 AM

why not to use the Citirx or RDS to publish AX in remote location , it is recomended in WAN scenarios. i am not currently sure howz your current structure is.

Suggested Answer
Edwin Eu responded on 7 Jun 2012 2:30 PM

You can setup the Tranactional Database Replication.  However, make sure the network bandwidth between the Publisher database and Subscriber has a fast connections.

Eos Paks responded on 11 Apr 2014 7:34 PM

Hi EDWIN, i have a question,

Is their 2 Database on this structure?

Suggested Answer
Rudhra Kumar responded on 11 Apr 2014 11:40 PM

Wat AX version is the client is using?

Having two database for one instance which will also cause more time to sync the database from the AX Application side.

How many users were connecting to the Application server?

Having Two or Three AOS instances which is connecting to one database  will give good performance and it is referred as a AOS Network load balancing method, did you try this before the DB replication method.

Rudra |  DYNAMICS Administrator | MCPS | MCTS | My Blog 

Martin Dráb responded on 12 Apr 2014 2:49 AM

Supported and unsupported features for high availability and replication are documented in SQL Server topology [AX 2012]. You'll also find some links there to related parts of SQL Server documentation. The peer-to-peer transactional replication can be a good choice, nevertheless I would find an expert in SQL Server replication to design the solution.

Martin "Goshoom" Dráb | Freelancer | Goshoom.NET Dev Blog

Eos Paks responded on 12 Apr 2014 5:07 AM

Thank you for your response.

I would like to ask how can i get this goals on our AX 2012 r2,

We have a Branches and also Head Office,

But i would like the branches to have their own server that connects to Head Office

so that even theirs no connection the branches can still do transaction on AX,

But if the connection restore to normal, The Branch Server will now Sync to

Head Office Server for the data loss.

Is this Possible?

Regards,

EOS

Martin Dráb responded on 12 Apr 2014 6:17 AM

Yes, SQL Server replication supports all such features (although I thought you wanted just two instances: one in China and one in Australia).

It has actually little to do with AX; it's completely handled by SQL Server. It also means that you'll find more information in SQL Server documentation (e.g. SQL Server Replication); not in AX documentation. And you may even want to discuss such things in a forum specialized to SQL Server.

Martin "Goshoom" Dráb | Freelancer | Goshoom.NET Dev Blog