Question Status

Suggested Answer
Charuhas Jadhav asked a question on 29 Aug 2012 9:34 AM

Hello,

I get the following error when trying to load more than 1 product from source file to staging table using the data migration tool.

"Error occured while doing bulkcopy from temp table to entity table 0 Product records inserted in staging"

It works fine with 1 product but not more. Also it works fine when bringing in customers, vendors, customer addresses etc (bulk records)

The Microsoft.Dynamics.AX.DMF.SSISHelper.dll and Microsoft.Dynamics.AX.DMF.SSISHelper.tlb files are in place in the client and server directories 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics AX\60\Client\Bin and C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics AX\60\Server\<AosInstance>\bin

I have also increased the Maximim Buffer Size from 24 to 48 under database tuning in AX Server Config utility.

Could anybody please share thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Charu

Maxlude responded on 6 Sep 2012 6:10 AM

I have had the exact same error and eventually found that it was because there were duplicate (Primary key) records in the source file.

Once that was resolved, I just imported just under 6000 products which took just under 1hr.

Charuhas Jadhav responded on 6 Sep 2012 6:14 AM

Yup, that was exactly my issue too. I hope Microsoft improves the tool to provide more informative error messages in their next release.

Mansoor Adeel responded on 11 Dec 2012 3:34 AM

Error log helps a lot to understand the errors, please see section "How to see error log" in my blog post to check how Error Log helps identifying errors during data import.

dax2012dmfdataimport.blogspot.com/.../microsoft-dynamics-ax-2012-how-to.html

Mansoor Adeel

Suggested Answer
UMESH PANDIT responded on 5 Jun 2014 5:37 AM

Hi Charu,

You need to find the duplicate (Primary key) records in the source file and delete it and try re-import.

Suggested Answer
Sangram Shinde responded on 30 Jul 2015 7:33 AM

Hi Charu,

Check the staging table whether these fields are present there or not: ExecutionID, TransferStatus,IsSelected and DefinitionGroup. If not add them into staging table, you can drag drop these fields from any standard DMF table.

Basically these fields are used for the processing group we are using, to show the transfer status, to mark the rows to be imported and to check/select the execution id.

Next add these fields in Field Group if it is not there as "ExclusionList". because we are not going to import them.

Set the following properties of the table as

savedatapercompany-No

Table type-Regular

Support Inheritance-No

Valid time state field to None

Next in Indexes-the one you made for unique field, add these two fields in same as well- definitionGroup and ExecutionID.

Save your staging table, Delete the processing group, delete the created target entity and recreate all, and try then. It would be useful if someone facing this problem again. Best Luck.

Suggested Answer
UMESH PANDIT responded on 5 Jun 2014 5:37 AM

Hi Charu,

You need to find the duplicate (Primary key) records in the source file and delete it and try re-import.

Suggested Answer
Sangram Shinde responded on 30 Jul 2015 7:33 AM

Hi Charu,

Check the staging table whether these fields are present there or not: ExecutionID, TransferStatus,IsSelected and DefinitionGroup. If not add them into staging table, you can drag drop these fields from any standard DMF table.

Basically these fields are used for the processing group we are using, to show the transfer status, to mark the rows to be imported and to check/select the execution id.

Next add these fields in Field Group if it is not there as "ExclusionList". because we are not going to import them.

Set the following properties of the table as

savedatapercompany-No

Table type-Regular

Support Inheritance-No

Valid time state field to None

Next in Indexes-the one you made for unique field, add these two fields in same as well- definitionGroup and ExecutionID.

Save your staging table, Delete the processing group, delete the created target entity and recreate all, and try then. It would be useful if someone facing this problem again. Best Luck.