Question Status

Suggested Answer
Andy Adamak asked a question on 27 Sep 2012 12:56 PM

I'm trying to figure out how to setup the Enterprise Portal - Employee Services so that I can use the fancy Dynamics AX app for Windows Phone for Employee Expense Management. 

The phone app has a settings page to enter your settings with the following fields:

• Username (e.g. domain\username)
  • Password
  • Default Currency
  • Service Connection Name
  • Authentication server URL

The first 3 are pretty obvious, but what am I supposed to be entering for the Service Connection name and Authentication server URL?  And where do I open up EP to allow phone uploads, or is that already there by default (if so, where)? 

I've been looking for information online about how to use this phone app with AX 2012 but I can't find a good 'how-to' anywhere... so any resources would be helpful too. 

YouTube video of what I'm talking about -> http://youtu.be/eE8fOt1V1Jw

Kristyna Nova responded on 27 Feb 2013 5:44 AM

Hi, how is that app for WP named?

Andy Adamak responded on 27 Feb 2013 7:03 AM

It's just called "Dynamics AX" in the marketplace.  link: www.windowsphone.com/.../122b713d-a446-428a-b450-be041ec90340

Suggested Answer
Xander Vink responded on 27 Feb 2013 11:42 PM

I've searched for that too, but it doesn't seem to be available; just an app without a setup manual.

If you want to create your own Dynamics AX connected WP7 app you might find the following article of Joris de Gruyter useful: daxmusings.codecrib.com/.../10-minute-app-windows-phone-7-app.html

Melvin Barquero responded on 17 Dec 2014 4:31 PM

Hi Andy.

Did you manage to solve this, I have the same problem and I have all the configuration of the Azure Portal, but Still I can't connect my phone.

Regards

Suggested Answer
Xander Vink responded on 27 Feb 2013 11:42 PM

I've searched for that too, but it doesn't seem to be available; just an app without a setup manual.

If you want to create your own Dynamics AX connected WP7 app you might find the following article of Joris de Gruyter useful: daxmusings.codecrib.com/.../10-minute-app-windows-phone-7-app.html