Coverage failed for co product Product A; no related formula version

Question Status

Suggested Answer
James Borela asked a question on 10 Dec 2012 9:26 PM

Hi All,

I encountered this error when I simulate master planning for a co-product item from a formula item. I have for example a Sales Order for a co-product which is Product A of 10 pcs. then I run Master scheduling to see if a planned Batch Order will be generated, but I came along with this error.

"Coverage Failed for co-product A: no related formula version found. Coverage planning item Product A has been cancelled". 

Thanks and best regards. 

guru sankar responded on 4 Jul 2013 1:55 AM

check you formula item. even i encoded this issue.

i created an new formula item which is not an CW item BOM to it. then this issue got resolved.

try the same.

Suggested Answer
guru sankar responded on 5 Jul 2013 6:08 AM

check you formula item and co-product item. try to create new formula and co-product item with you CW and try the same.

GannaParkh responded on 12 Jun 2014 7:23 AM

Hello,

try to set Planning Formula for co-product (Item coverage form, general tab)

Darren Duke responded on 25 Feb 2016 9:31 AM

I have had the same problem but found that the Plan>Item Coverage settings had a default of transfer.

Check all your site specific or defaults are the right warehouses, that the planned order type in item coverage is "production" (not transfer), if it is you may want to try clicking the override and changing it to production.

I believe this is caused by creating formulas etc. without having first set the item coverage and site settings.

OFC, I do not know your specific warehouse or manufacturing structure so I would try it in a test/development account first.

hope it helps.

Guy Terry responded on 11 Apr 2016 10:50 AM

<much later>

The time I've seen this, I was planning a co-product, and the items were planned at Site dimension only. However, the by-product on the formula had Site and Warehouse defined. Removing the warehouse caused the error to disappear.

Suggested Answer
guru sankar responded on 5 Jul 2013 6:08 AM

check you formula item and co-product item. try to create new formula and co-product item with you CW and try the same.