I recently upgraded one instance of 2012 to 2012 R2.
Setup was sucessfull and AOS started as well. But when i try to open client , it closes automatically leaving the following msg in event viewer.
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException
Also , i have 3 AOS in the same machine ie..
Ax 2012 FP with cu3 - works fine
Ax 2012 FP with cu4 - Client freezes on opening
Ax 2012 R2(upgraded one) - Client closes leaving the above msg (previous post)
Has any one faced this ?
Did you ever resolve this issue? Facing the same problem
try removing the cliente and install it again!
i second FSILVA-JR suggestion. after a long drawn battle this is what helped me:
a) uninstalled the client components
b) deleted the client directory (located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics AX\60)
c) restart the install process with install client components option
d) open MS DAX configuration utility.
verify the details.
in connection tab click refresh button.
use manage button and save the configuration.
e) double click the configuration file
checklist splash-screen appears.
hope it helps.
We got the same issue and reinstalling client helped us.
Removing any .AUC files in the user profile can also fix this problem. They are typically located under c:\users\<username>\appdata\local\ and can be deleted without risk of causing other issues.
This error just all of a sudden appeared on my laptop. Deleting the auc files as you suggest resolved my issue. Thanks.
I also had the same issue popped up on my laptop and deleting the auc files solved my problem. Bundles of thanks.
Open the Client Configuration Tool, choose the right Config. Refresh the Configuration (Connection Tab). Save this Config an Try it again.
HI Krishna Prakash,
you mentioned that you have multiple AOS in a single server of different versions.
do u have the clients for these three AOS in the same server?
if you have the client in the same server.Please do the the following steps.
1. take the new sever which is not having any Ax client components.
2. run the Ax 2012 R2 set up and install the Client components for your upgraded Ax2012 R2 AOS.
3.Then you will be able to access the R2 instance with out any issues.
other wise in the AOS server uninstall all the existing Client components and install the Client components of the Ax version for which you are facing problem.
i hope this will resolve your issue.
it was an issue i faced back in Dec'12.
The issue of client crashing was fixed by deleting auc files.
The issue with client freeze was B'cas the authenticaion window for rolecentre was hiding behind the upgrade checklist. and there is no way that i can reach the window, i removed the rolecenter url from sql and added it later :-)
Delete AUC file under AppData>Local folder and restart client