Question Status

Verified
Atsushi Yamagishi asked a question on 28 Dec 2012 3:51 AM

Hi.

Now, we want to copy master and setup data (transaction data are not included) from an existing Legal Entity to a new Legal Entity. We use AX 2012 R2.

We use export/import functions for this copy operation. After importing data to new LE, we found that following items does not copy to new LE.

- ItemGroupId

- InventModelGroupId

- InventtableModule.UnitId

and so on.

If anyone knows how to copy an exsisting LE to a new LE, please inform me.

Thanks

Atsushi

Hardik responded on 26 Mar 2013 6:34 AM

Did you find any work around, I am facing same requirement,

????

Verified Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 26 Mar 2013 7:25 AM

Hi, you can use the new Data Import/Export Framework for copying master data and some setup data. When needed you can create new entities yourself.

The Data Import/Export Framework is available on information source.

Take also a look at my blog: kaya-systems.com/dynamics-ax-2012-data-importexport-framework-released

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Atsushi Yamagishi responded on 26 Mar 2013 7:26 PM

Thank you for your information about the  Data Import/Export Framework. I will try it.

Regards

Atsushi

Verified Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 26 Mar 2013 7:25 AM

Hi, you can use the new Data Import/Export Framework for copying master data and some setup data. When needed you can create new entities yourself.

The Data Import/Export Framework is available on information source.

Take also a look at my blog: kaya-systems.com/dynamics-ax-2012-data-importexport-framework-released

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.