Question Status

Suggested Answer
Felix Oxley asked a question on 7 Jan 2013 2:30 AM

Hi,

we are using Beta 1 of the DMF and want to upgrade (which we need to pay for).

We would not want to upgrade to Beta 2 if Beta 3 was due to be released 1 week later!

Does anybody know when DMF Beta 3 (or RC1) might be released?

Thanks

Suggested Answer
Prasenjit Ghosh responded on 31 Mar 2013 3:06 PM

also dont forget to restart the dmf service in server and also copy the dmfconfig and dmfclientconfig file from the 1st aos C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics AX\60\Server\DynamicsAX\bin  folder to the 2nd one and restart AOS.

Enjoy

Matt Ther responded on 31 Jan 2013 8:05 AM

any news about this?

Felix Oxley responded on 31 Jan 2013 8:09 AM

No news as yet.

I am hoping that it comes soon since there are problems with Beta 2 that we are having to program our way around.

Felix Oxley responded on 8 Feb 2013 2:32 AM

Bump. Any rumours on the availability of Beta 3?

We have had to add a load of fields to the Product Entity programmatically.

I can only suppose that some of the entities we haven't even looked at yet have similar deficiencies.

Tommy Skaue responded on 8 Feb 2013 4:16 AM

I believe Beta 3 of DMF will be released by the end of February 2013.

Tommy Skaue | Dynamics AX Developer from Norway | http://yetanotherdynamicsaxblog.blogspot.no/ | www.axdata.no

Felix Oxley responded on 27 Feb 2013 4:01 AM

Hi Tommy,

do you still expect the Beta soon?

Thanks

Tommy Skaue responded on 1 Mar 2013 12:39 AM

Hi Felix

No longer February 2013, since it is 1st of March already. ;-)

It is out of my control, but I've heard rumors DMF will become closer to RapidStart Services, and I expect a release soon along side an update of RapidStart Services. We already know the R2 CU1 had a dependency to an updated RapidStart Services Connector.

In Norway we have a saying; "Whoever waits on something good, does not wait in vain".

Tommy Skaue | Dynamics AX Developer from Norway | http://yetanotherdynamicsaxblog.blogspot.no/ | www.axdata.no

William Giesbrecht responded on 1 Mar 2013 2:48 PM

I hope it's a good thing! Here in Alberta, Canada I haven't had any luck getting past the CIL errors.  My environments include SQL 2012 SP1 CU2 (11.0.3339), AX2012 R2, and on a Windows 2008 R2 platform.  

Tommy Skaue responded on 2 Mar 2013 3:09 AM

William,

I have Beta 2 working on both AX2012 and AX2012 R2 (with and without CU1). What CIL errors are you experiencing? Perhaps you can create a new thread on the forum?

William Giesbrecht responded on 4 Mar 2013 10:59 AM

Hi Tommy,

Great to hear from you.  Sure I'll post the errors here and I will start another thread.  I'd love to hear how you've got this working as Microsoft's official stance is that DMF Beta 2 is not compatible with AX 2012 R2.   Here are the errors remaining:

******************************************************************************************************************************

Assembly containing type Microsoft.Dynamics.AX.DMF.ServiceProxy.DmfEntityProxy is not referenced.

Object 'CLRObject' could not be created

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Tommy, I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a developer and on top of that I am new to Dynamics AX.  I have worked with Microsoft to resolve previous errors, but we haven't progressed throught these two.  It happens here:

DMF > Processing Group > Entities > Preview Source File.

Great to hear from you.

Hope all is well your way.

Bill

Tommy Skaue responded on 4 Mar 2013 2:09 PM

Bill,

Check and see if you have the version 1.0.0.5 of the Microsoft.Dynamics.AX.DMF.ServiceProxy.dll located in the Servers bin-folder. If DMF is installed, it should be under x:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Data Migration Framework Server Components (Beta)\

If it is not there, drop it in the folder and restart the service. There should also be a dll.config file, and you need to make sure the endpoint address is pointing to the correct server.

There is a few lines of codes that will not compile using Beta 2 and AX2012 R2. Just comment them out and stay clear of those entities when moving data around. :-)

If you're only having one AOS in your environment, you could simply just reinstall the Application Server bits. If run with Administrator privileges , it should drop the necessary files into the Server bin folder.

William Giesbrecht responded on 4 Mar 2013 2:54 PM

Thanks Tommy.  I'll let you know how I made out.

William Giesbrecht responded on 4 Mar 2013 3:13 PM

Hi Tommy.  The Microsoft.Dynamics.AX.DMF.ServiceProxy.dll is version 1.0.0.2.  Forgive me if this sounds ignorant, however I don't know where to pull that .dll from as the install files are .msi.

Doe this look right?

endpoint address="http://[servername]:7000/DMFService/DMFServiceHelper.svc"

Thank you for insight.  

William Giesbrecht responded on 4 Mar 2013 3:16 PM

I wonder if you mean to pull it from here:  

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics AX\60\Server\DynamicsAX\bin.

Prasenjit Ghosh responded on 31 Mar 2013 2:25 PM

hi william,

I have also faced similar kind of issue. This is due to installation of DMF tool in multiple AOS scenerio in single physical server.Generally in one AOS it will run fine, and you will face issue in another AOS.

You have to go to the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics AX\60\Server\DynamicsAX\bin folder of your 2nd AOS(DMF giving error) and search for all DMF dlls; it will not be there.You have to copy from the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics AX\60\Server\DynamicsAX\bin folder of 1st AOS(all DMF.dll files)and drop into the 2nd AOS specific folder--->AOS restart.Now it will validate the shared folder and dMF will work.

Hope it solves your issue.

Prasenjit

Suggested Answer
Prasenjit Ghosh responded on 31 Mar 2013 3:06 PM

also dont forget to restart the dmf service in server and also copy the dmfconfig and dmfclientconfig file from the 1st aos C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics AX\60\Server\DynamicsAX\bin  folder to the 2nd one and restart AOS.

Enjoy