Question Status

Unanswered
Vicenç Lahoz asked a question on 18 Jan 2013 6:09 AM

I’m working with Data Migration Framework Beta 2 with Dynamics AX 2012 R2 and SLQ Server 2012. I have two partitions (Initial & test). In Initial I have only the DAT Company.

Connected to the “Test” Partition I import to the staging tables the demo file “UnitOfMeasureEntity_Basic.txt” and it works correctly (“6 records inserted in staging”). When I go to “Execution history” and click in “View staging data” no records are shown and “Copy records to Target” will not work (“0 records inserted”).

If I make the same test in Partition “Initial” then it work correctly and the records are inserted in Target tables.

How I explain to DMF I’m working with partition other than “Initial”?

Thanks

MikeG313 responded on 7 Feb 2013 2:35 PM

Hi Vicenc,

Where you ever able to overcome this issue?  If so, please share how.

With DMF 2.0 and R2 (w/ multiple partitions), it seems as all records are imported to staging table in initial partition regardless of which partition the DMF import is initiated from.

Thanks in Advance

Vicenç Lahoz responded on 15 Mar 2013 9:37 AM

Hello,

The new version of the Data Migration Framework (Data Import\Export Framework) works correctly with more than one partition.

Best Regards

Tommy Skaue responded on 16 Mar 2013 3:57 AM

Most likely the previous version of DMF didn't have partition as part of the schema in the SSIS packages, and therefor it could not distinguish partition in the data flow.

Tommy Skaue | Dynamics AX Developer from Norway | http://yetanotherdynamicsaxblog.blogspot.no/ | www.axdata.no

Steve Wright responded on 16 Mar 2013 4:11 AM

I thought your network account determined which partition you were in.     A user - Admin aside - cannot be in more than one partition.

Tommy Skaue responded on 16 Mar 2013 4:13 AM

Users can be in more than one partition, but you can only have one "default" partition. You can define "active" partition on a client shortcut, a service context object (WCF) and so on.

Tommy Skaue | Dynamics AX Developer from Norway | http://yetanotherdynamicsaxblog.blogspot.no/ | www.axdata.no