Question Status

Unanswered
Rajat Rai asked a question on 23 Feb 2013 3:18 AM

Hi,

I have enabled Using posting definition Under General ledger parameters.

I created Posting definition PO1 for module Purchasing and attached it in Transaction posting definitions.

When I posted Purchase order I was able to hit the accounts setup under Posting definition. But when I posted the invoice system is throwing an error Voucher do not balance.

Further, I went and created a posting definition PO2 for module Accounts payable. And attached this in Transaction posting definition for vendor invoice. But I am still getting the same error i.e. Voucher do not balance.

Please suggest. Or please let me know if I can refer any document for Posting definition related to vendor invoice.

Regards,

Rajat

mikal responded on 29 Aug 2013 3:51 AM

Hi,

I think posting definition does not work with invoice journal only with "free-text" vendor invoice. I didn't find any documentation about it, but it simply doesn't work.

Probably you need to set up vendor posting profile because invoice journal will use account from it.

Can somebody confirm this conclusion?

Regards,

Mikal

Zvika Rimalt responded on 31 Aug 2013 6:02 PM

Can the OP share what is the business scenario that requires him to use posting definitions?

Zvika Rimalt * Dynamics AX Business Analyst/Functional Consultant * Vancouver, BC, Canada

mikal responded on 2 Sep 2013 12:40 AM

Hi Zvika,

We are trying to setup budgetary accounting where each cost account defines separate liability account.

Posting definition would be great setup for us, but it doesn't work in the forms we need.

Do you have any other suggestion?

Thank you,

Mikal

Rajat Rai responded on 26 Dec 2013 2:18 AM

Did anyone get the solution :(

mikal responded on 27 Dec 2013 12:21 AM

Hi Rajat,

well.. seems it doesn't work you will need to involve developers :)

We used vendor journal for user data inset form, then we transfer data into the vendor tax invoice and post it. This way, we are using vendor journal wich is more familiar for users and vendor tax invoice form for posting, because only there posting definitions for vendor work.

So, posting definitions for vendors only work in one forme - vendor tax invoice.

I can share setup if you need it, but it's the same you mentioned above.

Regars,

Mikal

Zvika Rimalt responded on 30 Dec 2013 3:25 PM

In a conversation with the Microsoft R&D team they indicated their strategic plan is to continue and add functionality to the "Vendor Invoice" form, which the "Invoice Journal" form is more or less going to be deprecated eventually.

So for companies implementing it makes sense to focus on implementing using the Vendor Invoice form.

Zvika Rimalt * Dynamics AX Business Analyst/Functional Consultant * Vancouver, BC, Canada