Question Status

Verified
ewills asked a question on 23 Feb 2013 2:29 PM

Hello,  we started using AX 2012 from Jan 31st, first we brought inventory (inventory movement journal) as of Jan 31st for raw and finished good items (AX 2012 FP / FIFO). transactions started on Feb.  from the trial balance, Raw total = 500k; FGI total inventory amount = 250k. Raw a/c - 2100; FGI a/c - 2200;  no other transactions as of 1/31.  

Closed inventory for Jan. pulled inventory value report for Jan to compare with balance-sheet a/c 2100 & 2200;  inventory doesn't match! 

when I closed the inventory, there is no settlement transactions for that period (as there is no issue/receipt transaction except that we used inventory movement journal transactions for Jan!). no open quantities either!) 

Is there a way to find out what has caused this discrepancy? we didn't set up an inventory a/c that combine both raw and FGI; so I had to run potential conflict for raw and FGI seperatetely - it points out the missing related transactions for the other! 

I am baffled at where to start! any help would be appreciated.  As there are lot of items that we moved the stock in AX.  From the on-hand report, (inventory value report), we can see a list of all Items, ending balance, qty and inventory amount.  

Do we have to go through each item transaction and trace it back to the inventory transactions to see the potential conflict!  

we are using AX 2012 FP CU2 with FIFO, (not using 'physical value')

appreciate your help! 

Verified Answer
Steven Weaver responded on 25 Feb 2013 1:38 PM

Verify that the opening ledger accounts for the inventory balance do not contain any financial journal entries that are not related to stock transactions.

Steve Weaver | Dynamics AX Solution Architect - UK | My Blog

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Verified Answer
Steven Weaver responded on 25 Feb 2013 1:38 PM

Verify that the opening ledger accounts for the inventory balance do not contain any financial journal entries that are not related to stock transactions.

Steve Weaver | Dynamics AX Solution Architect - UK | My Blog

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.