Question Status

Verified
Omar Dimech asked a question on 27 Feb 2013 7:28 AM

Hello

Trying to sell items with an item dimension that requires batch numbers.  Through the POS, I could sell the item but the it did not ask me for the Batch Number of the item.  Also when I try to calculate the statement AX is prompting an error concerning the missing inventory dimension Batch Number

Can someone please help me / refer me to documentation of how to use Batch Numbers with the AX for Retail POS?

Thanks

Omar

Verified Answer
Ahmed Hesham responded on 14 Mar 2013 7:19 AM

Hi FX

I think the main problem appears when you post the statement, the system will not calculate or post the statement because you didn't select the product batch in the pos , and you don't have the option to select the batch in the POS  !!

So, till now I think you can't sell any product with batch dimension in the POS even if you work with the batch automatic reservation          

Fx responded on 1 Mar 2013 6:02 AM

Hi Omar,

I suggest you to look at the InfoCode functionality. It allow you to ask operator to input some data for some case.

For example, your item is manage with Bath number, you can parameter it. Another use is to get Customer information. Sometimes a market vendor asks you your Zip Code for their statistic. Inside Dynamics AX 2012 for Retail this can be done with the InfoCode functionnalité.

You can find some documentation about it on PartnerSource/CustomerSource or information Source.

[Document] Retail Training Manuel (Chapt 9 Infocodes)

Sincerely

Fx

Verified Answer
Ahmed Hesham responded on 14 Mar 2013 7:19 AM

Hi FX

I think the main problem appears when you post the statement, the system will not calculate or post the statement because you didn't select the product batch in the pos , and you don't have the option to select the batch in the POS  !!

So, till now I think you can't sell any product with batch dimension in the POS even if you work with the batch automatic reservation          

Omar Dimech responded on 8 Apr 2013 8:45 AM

Ahmed

I thought of this solution as well but I did try out a few attempts to have the statement post with automatic reservation but with no success.. This is a definitely a shortfall from MS... Have to work on a workaround if none can give me any other suggestions

Thanks for your feedback!

axerp responded on 12 Aug 2013 1:07 AM

Dear omar,

Did you manage batch number to work at POS and successfully posting POS statement in AX core?

Omar Dimech responded on 12 Aug 2013 1:13 AM

Hi axerp

No I did not manage to post from POS using batch numbers.  My conclusions were the same as Ahmed's response further up this thread.  

Should you find a way (without customisation) do please share!

Cheers

Omar