Question Status

Suggested Answer
Dex Rimington asked a question on 27 Feb 2013 8:07 AM

Hi All,

I am wondering how to setup an item with 2 selling prices.

Could anyone give me some advice on this.

Any help would be apreciated.

Regards

Dex

Steven Weaver responded on 27 Feb 2013 10:34 AM

It depends why there are 2 selling prices. If it is based upon quantity, or customer you would use the trade agreements.

Steve Weaver | Dynamics AX Solution Architect - UK | My Blog

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Dex Rimington responded on 27 Feb 2013 11:45 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, Its because to we used to deal with 2 branches of the same company but now they want us to send everything to the main branch, however our agreed prices for items will still exist. So items now ship to the 1 company however the same item can be delivered on 2 different prices.

I could just create a new item number but was wondering if AX had another sollution to this problem.

Regards

Dex

Steven Weaver responded on 28 Feb 2013 8:45 AM

If you are now sending them to one branch how are you identifying which agreed price structure they fit into? Why not have two customer accounts, same address, one with an invoice account of the other so the liability sits with one and then you can attach pricing to each customer. Not pretty but gets you there. I would question how the customer instigates it and why now they would do anything except pick the cheaper price :-)

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Steven Weaver responded on 28 Feb 2013 8:46 AM

You could also create pricing by price group and alter the price group on creation of the order at the header level and then the correct pricing will be picked up.

Dex Rimington responded on 1 Mar 2013 1:37 AM

Hi Mate,

yeah I thought of pricing groups too, but then wouldnt I have to apply it to everything.

We dealt with two separate branches with contrancts for parts agreed separate, So one brance had prices contranced and then then other brance a different contract. so they are stuck with that now.

I think the easiest way is to create another item number to be honest, not a clean sollution as the sales

team have to remember what part goes to which branch, But its only going the be this one vendor.

Thanks for ALL your help, Its always good to hear the vies of other AX users and not many people reply back.

You da man!

Regards

Dex Rimington

Suggested Answer
Steven Weaver responded on 1 Mar 2013 5:32 AM

Not a problem :-) You are right, whichever way you go it is not clean and you have to live with it until the end of the contract. You would not have to apply the pricing group to everything, but you would have to activate it and they would need to select it on the order. The item change makes the user aware and they have to pick it, you just need to potentially combine it on sales reports etc. Then you have the management of it in stock in one code and not in another and have to sell the other, same code really just separated for a price difference!

Suggested Answer
Steven Weaver responded on 1 Mar 2013 5:32 AM

Not a problem :-) You are right, whichever way you go it is not clean and you have to live with it until the end of the contract. You would not have to apply the pricing group to everything, but you would have to activate it and they would need to select it on the order. The item change makes the user aware and they have to pick it, you just need to potentially combine it on sales reports etc. Then you have the management of it in stock in one code and not in another and have to sell the other, same code really just separated for a price difference!