Question Status

Unanswered
Trung Nguyen asked a question on 26 Mar 2013 2:24 AM

Hi,

I'm creating new SSRS Report use data method. In the data method, I call static method from X++. The data method works well when Preview the report in Visual Studio.

SSRS report is deployed. However, the data method always display "#Error".

Does anybody give me bright idea how to solve this issue? 

Thanks and regards,

Trung

Reply
Paul Heisterkamp responded on 26 Mar 2013 6:52 AM

Hey Trung,

while ago we received the same error in a report.

In our case the calculation of values fails because of miss match in case of localization. So our OS was set to EN-US and the costumer to print the report for was set to DE.

The miss match was 2.99 != 2,99 and so the calculation failed.

Maybe in your case the same situation causes the error?

Regards,

Paul

Reply
Trung Nguyen responded on 27 Mar 2013 2:28 AM

Hi Paul,

Thanks for reply.

Do you mean localization of Operating System and AX is different?

Regards,

Trung

Reply
Sumitranandan Kamarajugadda responded on 27 Mar 2013 3:03 AM

Try to delete the report from report server, deploy it, restart report server.

You can also try to debug the code to see what value is being retrieved.

Also, If the x++ method is on a company specific table, you should also make sure that you run it from correct company. The report from Visual studio always runs in the default company specified in the User options form.

Reply
Sarah Bush responded on 27 Mar 2013 3:27 AM

We had this problem, and it was resolved   I'll respond when I get to the office.

 

 

Reply
Sarah Bush responded on 27 Mar 2013 4:54 AM

We had to verify that our SSRS execution account, SSRS services account and BC Proxy account are all the same login/user. Once thus was done the problem was resolved.

 

 

Reply
shays responded on 27 Mar 2013 8:32 AM

Hi Paul,

How did you overcome this?  I am getting this error for the same reason on the French reports.  We have implemented a global system but the headquarters and servers are in the US and I can't change the OS from en-us.  

Thanks,

Sandra

Reply
Paul Heisterkamp responded on 27 Mar 2013 9:17 AM

Hey Sandra,

I think your issue is similar to the issue we received.

We had this problem in German reports (German customer invoice) and our OS was configured to en-us locale.

A colleague if mine fixed this issue. I will ask him how to solve and will reply here maybe tomorrow...

Regards,

Paul

Reply
Trung Nguyen responded on 27 Mar 2013 7:35 PM

Hi SBush,

I have checked all account are the same user. Do you have any idea?

BR,

Trung

Reply
Paul Heisterkamp responded on 28 Mar 2013 5:41 AM

Here is the reply from my colleague:

He told me that the reason for the issue was that the values (sums) were calculated on SSRS/RDL and so the calculation crashes because of localization differences.

We solved the problem by calculating the values in the data provider and only displaying the value in SSRS/RDL.

Reply
shays responded on 28 Mar 2013 7:05 AM

Hi Paul,

I see that now, in the expression of the field on the SSRS report.

Thank you for posting the solution!

Regards,

Sandra

Reply
Trung Nguyen responded on 28 Mar 2013 6:53 PM

Hi Paul,

I need read number (455000) into text (four hundred and fifty five thousand) by calling static method numeral2Txt() of Global class. The number value  is just calculated in SSRS , not in data provider. Could you give me any solution in my case?

Thanks and regards,

Trung  

Reply
Paul Heisterkamp responded on 29 Mar 2013 4:43 AM

Hey Trung,

maybe you have to try a different datatype for the field you want to calculate to avoid formatting the value.

Paul

Reply
Guillaume DURAND - Lyon responded on 7 Oct 2013 6:38 AM

Hi all,

In AX 2012, the service account that is setup in the "BC Proxy account" have always to be used for the SSRS execution account, and SSRS services account.

We test the setup of the DAT company with our native langage, and the main address with an adress corresponding to ou country ... no success.

Concerning this error ("#Error"), we solved the problem adding the "BC Proxy account" as a user in Dynamics AX and everything is OK. It's not the perfect solution but the only workaround we found.

Greetings,

Guillaume

Reply