Question Status

Suggested Answer
antoine.leblanc asked a question on 29 Mar 2013 3:56 AM

Remittance  advices of payments to vendors can be easily generated from the AP Payment journal when you click Function / Generate payment : There you create the file to send to the bank as well as the Payment advice.

But what about if you don’t / can’t generate a file (a kind of “manual” payment method, where you then go and enter the payments manually in a bank system, or write cheques manually). Is there still a way to produce payment advices ?

This payment advice need to show one vendor per page, the address of the vendor, and the detail of invoices paid. Exactly like the report printed when a file is generated.

Suggested Answer
Zvika Rimalt responded on 1 Jun 2013 6:55 PM

Microsoft provides a "test" file format. As far as I can tell it has very little to no validations.

My second choice would be the "cheque" method.

Of course, you can also get a developer to customize the method of payment, and strip from it all the validations, and possibly the generation of the file itself.

Zvika Rimalt * Dynamics AX Business Analyst/Functional Consultant * Vancouver, BC, Canada

Suggested Answer
Zvika Rimalt responded on 3 Jul 2013 1:11 PM

Are you talking about customer remittance or vendor remittance (as the rest of this thread is?)

In general, once a journal is posted, it is no longer possible to re-generate the payment file

But on a "best practice" business process implementation you would typically not post a payment journal, before you receive confirmation from the bank that the payment was executed successfully - hence you should not be finding yourself in a situation where a payment was posted, while the payment file was lost.

Zvika Rimalt * Dynamics AX Business Analyst/Functional Consultant * Vancouver, BC, Canada

Zvika Rimalt responded on 1 Apr 2013 3:23 PM

A (simple?) work around could be to generate a file using one of the existing out of the box formats which include the "Payment Advice" option, and then just discard the payment file...

antoine.leblanc responded on 2 Apr 2013 1:31 AM

Thanks, it could work. Do you know which payment file has the less checks and restrictrions ? I know most of them check if bank details are correctly entered etc..., here we would not want any of that.

Thanks again.

Suggested Answer
Zvika Rimalt responded on 1 Jun 2013 6:55 PM

Microsoft provides a "test" file format. As far as I can tell it has very little to no validations.

My second choice would be the "cheque" method.

Of course, you can also get a developer to customize the method of payment, and strip from it all the validations, and possibly the generation of the file itself.

Masil Oumedjbeur responded on 3 Jul 2013 1:59 AM

Greetings,

I have a case where the customer remittance file was generated but then the file was lost. Anyway to regenerate it? I have only found a way to print a report of it but not the actual same file format.

Any chance we can retrieve it again?

Regards,

M.O.

Suggested Answer
Zvika Rimalt responded on 3 Jul 2013 1:11 PM

Are you talking about customer remittance or vendor remittance (as the rest of this thread is?)

In general, once a journal is posted, it is no longer possible to re-generate the payment file

But on a "best practice" business process implementation you would typically not post a payment journal, before you receive confirmation from the bank that the payment was executed successfully - hence you should not be finding yourself in a situation where a payment was posted, while the payment file was lost.

Masil Oumedjbeur responded on 3 Jul 2013 2:04 PM

Thank you Zvika,

Yes, it is regarding the customer remittance. My understanding with customer request is that the file is required to upload into banking interface. Process will be reviewed indeed.

Perhaps a job could be written in X++ to regenerated it meanwhile?

Regards,

M.O.