Question Status

Suggested Answer
Mulyadi asked a question on 3 Apr 2013 2:42 PM

Hi all,

Does any one know how to integrate Fixed asset in module project management and accounting ?

my project type is Investment. I have set it, but when i go to the FA number and the FA's value is not acquired.

I have follow the step in module project for advance manual 

Do i miss some set up ?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Mulyadi

Suggested Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 4 Apr 2013 4:49 AM

The value will be posted at the end of the project. Use the estimation projects to post the estimate(s). When posting the elimination the acquisition will be created. The idea of an investment project is to cumulate the costs until the end of the project. Then you start with the asset and depreciations.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Mulyadi responded on 4 Apr 2013 6:59 AM

Hi,

when i post eliminate there is an error item exist for project ### posted to voucher on ##/##/## that is not include in WIP. Is there any setup ?

And how can i input an quantity in project. I see the quantity in estimate is disable

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

Mulyadi

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 4 Apr 2013 7:47 AM

Working with the estimates requires a good overview of the possibilities and setup options. There is a lot of setup which should be considered for working within a company. It really depends on the needs and details.

As I don't know the situation or setup nor the transactions already made, I cannot answer your latest question.

It is possible to debug and find out what is needed for the current error, but I think by reading your questions there is missing some knowlegde.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Suggested Answer
Sidick responded on 4 Apr 2013 8:35 AM

Hi,

You may probably have outstanding quantities on either your purchase order or non posted journal. I don't what you are using to post cost to your project.

Cheers

Dynamics AX functional consultant

This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Suggested Answer
David Massey responded on 4 Apr 2013 8:44 AM

The error message seems to indicate that the project paramter settings for estimate(Revenue recognition) are set ot "Error" and a transaction has been posted after the last estimate has been run.

David Massey | Senior software engineer - Dynamics AX Service Industries

Suggested Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 4 Apr 2013 4:49 AM

The value will be posted at the end of the project. Use the estimation projects to post the estimate(s). When posting the elimination the acquisition will be created. The idea of an investment project is to cumulate the costs until the end of the project. Then you start with the asset and depreciations.

kind regards,

Suggested Answer
Sidick responded on 4 Apr 2013 8:35 AM

Hi,

You may probably have outstanding quantities on either your purchase order or non posted journal. I don't what you are using to post cost to your project.

Cheers

Dynamics AX functional consultant

This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Suggested Answer
David Massey responded on 4 Apr 2013 8:44 AM

The error message seems to indicate that the project paramter settings for estimate(Revenue recognition) are set ot "Error" and a transaction has been posted after the last estimate has been run.

David Massey | Senior software engineer - Dynamics AX Service Industries