Question Status

Verified
Muhammad Yasir asked a question on 21 Apr 2013 1:06 AM

Hi,

I am facing a problem, i am using SysLookupMultiSelectCtrl class to create a multiselt lookup grid.The lookup contains two columns Code, Description.But the problem is that i want to show the values of the 2nd column (Description) on selecting a record from the grid.but this does,'t happen, it will always show the first column value (Code) when ever i select a record from the grid. My requiremnt is that i want to show the description on selection in the control.

Hope you aomeone might have a solution regarding that.

Thanks,

Verified Answer
Martin Dráb responded on 21 Apr 2013 11:20 AM

It is supported, just not very intuitive and well-documented. The key is the last parameter of SysLookupMultiSelectCtrl's construct() - you have to provide a container with table ID and field ID (in this order). For example:

SysLookupMultiSelectCtrl::construct(
    element,
    ctrl,
    queryName,
    false,
    [tableNum(Table1), fieldNum(Table1, Field1)]);

Martin "Goshoom" Dráb | Freelancer | Goshoom.NET Dev Blog

Verified Answer
Muhammad Yasir responded on 21 Apr 2013 11:43 PM

Thank you very much Martin . It works :)

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 21 Apr 2013 5:46 AM

Which version of AX are you using? In AX2012 you can have foreign keys with reference fields .

In AX2009 or earlier, there is a sample showing a contact person name (customer form) in stead of the ID. But this requires an edit method as well.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Verified Answer
Martin Dráb responded on 21 Apr 2013 11:20 AM

It is supported, just not very intuitive and well-documented. The key is the last parameter of SysLookupMultiSelectCtrl's construct() - you have to provide a container with table ID and field ID (in this order). For example:

SysLookupMultiSelectCtrl::construct(
    element,
    ctrl,
    queryName,
    false,
    [tableNum(Table1), fieldNum(Table1, Field1)]);

Martin "Goshoom" Dráb | Freelancer | Goshoom.NET Dev Blog

Verified Answer
Muhammad Yasir responded on 21 Apr 2013 11:43 PM

Thank you very much Martin . It works :)