Question Status

Suggested Answer
ERWANJ asked a question on 24 Apr 2013 8:51 AM

Dear All,

I can not find the table to add to my profile in order to be able to delete a line of payment when i generate my payment proposal.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Best regards

Erwan

Suggested Answer
Zvika Rimalt responded on 24 Apr 2013 10:29 AM

You did not specify what AX version are you in. security in AX 2012 is completely different than previous versions.

What form exactly are you referring to? AP payment proposal? AR payment proposal? the journal form? the proposal form?

What exactly is the operation that you are not managing to do?

As a first step, try setting yourself as a system administrator, and make sure that in that setting you ARE able to perform the operation.

This will be the initial evidence that what you are experiencing is a security issue.

When

Zvika Rimalt * Dynamics AX Business Analyst/Functional Consultant * Vancouver, BC, Canada

Suggested Answer
Zvika Rimalt responded on 24 Apr 2013 10:29 AM

You did not specify what AX version are you in. security in AX 2012 is completely different than previous versions.

What form exactly are you referring to? AP payment proposal? AR payment proposal? the journal form? the proposal form?

What exactly is the operation that you are not managing to do?

As a first step, try setting yourself as a system administrator, and make sure that in that setting you ARE able to perform the operation.

This will be the initial evidence that what you are experiencing is a security issue.

When

Zvika Rimalt * Dynamics AX Business Analyst/Functional Consultant * Vancouver, BC, Canada

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 24 Apr 2013 1:34 PM

I think I know what Erwan means. If he is using AX2012 indeed, I have this same problem.

What is the problem? When creating a vendor payment proposal, before transferring the lines to the journal, you can edit and delete some payment lines. This form workes 100% when you have the system administrator role. When you have the role AP Payment Clerk the delete button at the top is DISABLED!

Tomorrow I have reserved some time to investigate and try solve the problem.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Zvika Rimalt responded on 24 Apr 2013 1:53 PM

Just a small correction to the way the delete functionality works - the function you describe does not delete PAYMENT LINES from the form, it actually removes an INVOICE LINE.

If that invoice is the only one paid by a payment line, that payment line will automatically disappear as well.

However, if multiple invoices are paid by a single payment (as when using the "Total" option on a method of payment), pressing the 'delete' button will delete just the currently selected invoice, and the payment line will remain.

ERWANJ responded on 25 Apr 2013 1:34 AM

Dear Zvika and Andre-Arnaud,

Thank you for your answers. We found out this morning how to activate the "Delete" Function in an AP Payment Clerk Role. The name of the table that is to be modified is  "VendPaymProposalEdit"

It's a problem of access level, It has to be upgraded to "Delete" to allow the cancelation of a payment line.

Best regards

Erwan JEGOU

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 25 Apr 2013 2:01 AM

Hi Erwan,

The table VendPaymProposalEdit does not exist. We just tested the next solution:

The privilege LedgerJournalTable5Maintain contains the menu-item for the Vendor Payment Proposal form.

The access level is standard Edit. Set this to Delete and the problem is solved.

Perhaps you meant the same. With this answer it should be clear to everyone.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

ERWANJ responded on 25 Apr 2013 2:12 AM

Hi Andre,

It is exactly what we have done this morning but it will be easier for everyone with this scheme.

Best regards