Question Status

Unanswered
Andreas Rudischhauser asked a question on 25 Apr 2013 3:33 AM

Actually it is possible to use one numbersequence in more than one field. But does it make any sense in any module? Just want to hear your opinions on that...

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 25 Apr 2013 6:14 AM

Hi Andirudi,

A numbersequence can be used at several places. E.g. nubersequence 'RELATIONS' can be used for customer numbers and vendor numbers.

What are you trying to achieve? Then you can expect a more detailed answer.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Andreas Rudischhauser responded on 25 Apr 2013 7:27 AM

Hi Andre,

yes I know that it is possible. The question is more about the issues with such a setup...

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 25 Apr 2013 2:19 PM

In the past we setup one voucher number for almost all journal entries. This did not have any problems. You have to take care of setting the continue parameter only for the appropriate number sequences.

You can first try it in a test environment before you make the final decision.

If it makes sence to have multiple number sequences, I don't see major problems.

At one implementation (AX2012) we have very large journals (14000+ lines) which are imported by using an interface. These are all project related postings. So a voucher and project transaction id series must be used. On this point we don't encounter some performance issues.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

lally responded on 26 Apr 2013 12:07 AM

Hi Andre ,

Could you explain in detail how to use the Number sequence " Relations " ? If you have any document please share .

lally responded on 29 Apr 2013 2:11 AM

Hi Andre ,

Please explain how to use functionality of Relations in the Number sequence ?

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 29 Apr 2013 2:17 AM

Hi Lally,

I used the word 'RELATIONS' as an ID of a number sequence. This just for an example. I did not meant any other functionality.

kind regards,