Question Status

Verified
IrinaP asked a question on 26 Apr 2013 11:57 AM

Hello,

Could you please help me with installing "modes of delivery" for online store.

We have online store up and running, when I try to make an order in the store I get the following error message:

This error message shows that I do not have delivery methods installed in Dynamics AX.

In Dynamics AX when I open Online Store > Setup> Modes of Delivery I have an empty greed. Then I open Manage Modes of delivery

I see 4 modes and each of these modes is connected to Retail channel that I use. But still I receive error on the web-site. 

Could you please suggest how to connect modes of delivery with Online store.

Verified Answer
Sergey Pikhulya responded on 26 Apr 2013 7:29 PM

Hi, from the screenshot you have provided I could suspect that you are seeing that not because modes are not available but because Web Service call (which retrieves those modes from CRT) failed due to the Web Service unavailability. Please reproduce the issue and look into Windows Event Viewer right away, I think you will see there detailed error, which mostlikelly will say something like "web service cannot be activated due to small amount of available RAM", this could happen if your SharePoint server had less than 5% of free RAM at the time the web site tried to make that call.

If am I right and the issue is with the RAM availability then resolve that issue and try the scenario again.

If this will not help then please answer the question below:

Did you setup your AX channel (online store) from scratch or you are using the demo channel which was supplied with the demo VM?

By the way, to make sure that the delivery modes were sent from AX to your CRT DB (AxRetailSp if you are using default configuration) you can explore this SQL view: DELIVERYMODESEXPLODEDVIEW

Regards,

Sergey Pikhulya

The author of this post works for Microsoft. The opinions and views expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily state or reflect those of Microsoft.

IrinaP responded on 29 Apr 2013 1:19 PM

Sergey,

thank you for clarifications.

It seems like the problem was in Job fail.

We ran  Retail > Periodic > Process delivery modes and modes of delivery started to show up.

thank you once again.

Verified Answer
Sergey Pikhulya responded on 26 Apr 2013 7:29 PM

Hi, from the screenshot you have provided I could suspect that you are seeing that not because modes are not available but because Web Service call (which retrieves those modes from CRT) failed due to the Web Service unavailability. Please reproduce the issue and look into Windows Event Viewer right away, I think you will see there detailed error, which mostlikelly will say something like "web service cannot be activated due to small amount of available RAM", this could happen if your SharePoint server had less than 5% of free RAM at the time the web site tried to make that call.

If am I right and the issue is with the RAM availability then resolve that issue and try the scenario again.

If this will not help then please answer the question below:

Did you setup your AX channel (online store) from scratch or you are using the demo channel which was supplied with the demo VM?

By the way, to make sure that the delivery modes were sent from AX to your CRT DB (AxRetailSp if you are using default configuration) you can explore this SQL view: DELIVERYMODESEXPLODEDVIEW

Regards,

Sergey Pikhulya

The author of this post works for Microsoft. The opinions and views expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily state or reflect those of Microsoft.