Question Status

Suggested Answer
ewills asked a question on 27 Apr 2013 6:41 AM

Hello, Is there a way to export security roles assigned to users in AX - either excel or SSRS?

we can export the user's list but not the security roles assigned to each user info

user A - role1, role2 etc.,

user B - role2, role 3...

or what are the tables associated to users and their security roles?

appreciate your help

Suggested Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 27 Apr 2013 11:51 AM

The same thread is created. See community.dynamics.com/.../105441.aspx

Answer:

The table name with this information is: SecurityUserRole

You can find it in the AOT, System documentation, Tables

Note that the company assingments are stored in the table SecurityUserRoleCondition.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Suggested Answer
magic1949 responded on 28 Apr 2013 1:51 AM

Try this blog link: Export Data from tables or view for Users Roles in AX 2012

axaptacorner.blogspot.ae/.../ax-2012.html

Suggested Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 27 Apr 2013 11:51 AM

The same thread is created. See community.dynamics.com/.../105441.aspx

Answer:

The table name with this information is: SecurityUserRole

You can find it in the AOT, System documentation, Tables

Note that the company assingments are stored in the table SecurityUserRoleCondition.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Huzaifa Gain responded on 27 Apr 2013 10:14 PM

run this query in sql server and export the result in excel

SELECT

T1.USER_,  t3.AOTNAME

FROM

SECURITYUSERROLE T1 CROSS

JOIN
USERINFO T2 cross

join

[AXDBDEV_model].[dbo].SECURITYROLE t3

WHERE

T1.ASSIGNMENTSTATUS=  1 AND T1.USER_=T2.ID and t3.RECID = t1.SECURITYROLE and t1.PARTITION = 5637144828 and

t2.name = 'Huzaifa' and t2.COMPANY ='COM'

Suggested Answer
magic1949 responded on 28 Apr 2013 1:51 AM

Try this blog link: Export Data from tables or view for Users Roles in AX 2012

axaptacorner.blogspot.ae/.../ax-2012.html

Ali Habibi responded on 28 Apr 2013 9:45 PM

Hi, In system administration window, under "Reports" menu, click on "Users security roles" then click on "OK" a detailed users role will be loaded.

Note: Only System administrator can view "USERS SECURITY ROLES"

I hope this could be helpful.

KBanh responded on 24 May 2013 8:17 AM

Ali, I'm setup as a System Administrator but can't see this "users security roles" report you mention. Is this an OOTB report in R2? I've been trying to find something like this report. Thanks in advance.

Ali Habibi responded on 25 May 2013 10:00 PM

If you are using Dynamics AX 2012, just login with system admin right, then under system administration menu find the "Reports" under reports ---->Security ----->Users security Roles.

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 26 May 2013 6:41 AM

Hi Ali, Kbanh,

I checked our standard AX2012 R2 environment. This report is not available. Is it a newly created report at your company/partner?

kind regards,

KBanh responded on 11 Jul 2013 9:16 AM

Hi Andre, sorry for the newbie question but when I open AOT > Data Dictionary > Tables I can not find the SecurityUserRole table. The documentation for SecurityUserRole is there though. Is this a hidden table or only accessible through access to the SQL Server DB? Can you expand please? Thanks in advance.

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 11 Jul 2013 3:25 PM

Hi Kbanh

The answer is in an earlier reply from me above...

The table can be found in AOT, System documentation, Tables

Hope this makes it clear to you.

kind regards,