Question Status

Suggested Answer
Phil Jones asked a question on 14 May 2013 7:16 AM

Hi,

I want to be able to post customer transactions where cash payment is chosen (COD) eventhough the credit limit is reached.

This should be possible since customers should be able to pay in cash eventhough their is no credit remaining..

Example:

1. A sales order is created on a customer where no credit remains. (this will trigger the credit limit to create an error message incase i try to confirm, Correct so far!) 

2. I select a COD payment method since the customer is paying by cash.

3. Since this is a cash payment i want the SO to be able to be processed without the credit limit being involved.

How can i make this work??

Suggested Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 14 May 2013 7:53 AM

Hi Phil,

Standard AX2012 does not cater for this. You could consider a procedure to override the credit check level on updating the sales order, packing slip and invoice. In this case the mandatory credit limit check on the customer should not be used.

Now the credit check on updates is taken from the parameters. In the past we changed it for a customer by creating the same check field on a sales order. This field was taken from the parameters. On the sales order you can then change the level to no check. When updating a sales order the checl level should not be taken from the parameters, but the sales order. Be careful with this as it is possible to select multiple sales orders within one update.

Then when the credit limit was reached it was possible to tell the customer to pay or accept COD.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 14 May 2013 7:22 AM

Hi Phil,

Which settings for credit control are you using? You can specify one for sales order updates and there is a tick box on the customer form called mandatory credit limit. Did you enable this mandatory credit limit field on your customers?

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Phil Jones responded on 14 May 2013 7:27 AM

Hi,

Yes the mandatory credit limit should be used since all payment methods except cash payments should be affected by the credit limit.

I used Sales order as an example. What i am looking for is a way to make the cash payment option to override the credit limit (for all customer transactions)

Phil Jones responded on 14 May 2013 7:33 AM

Hi Andre,

Yes the mandatory credit limit should be used since all payment methods except cash payments should be affected by the credit limit.

I used Sales order as an example. What i am looking for is a way to make the cash payment option to override the credit limit (for all customer transactions)

Suggested Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 14 May 2013 7:53 AM

Hi Phil,

Standard AX2012 does not cater for this. You could consider a procedure to override the credit check level on updating the sales order, packing slip and invoice. In this case the mandatory credit limit check on the customer should not be used.

Now the credit check on updates is taken from the parameters. In the past we changed it for a customer by creating the same check field on a sales order. This field was taken from the parameters. On the sales order you can then change the level to no check. When updating a sales order the checl level should not be taken from the parameters, but the sales order. Be careful with this as it is possible to select multiple sales orders within one update.

Then when the credit limit was reached it was possible to tell the customer to pay or accept COD.

kind regards,