Question Status

Verified
Marc Puig asked a question on 16 May 2013 4:40 AM

Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to export data in excel from a query object in AX, exporting the data from multiple companies at the same time. I mean, in a single sheet in excel can I obtain the data from all the companies? (not just the single one selected in the "Connnection" button).

Thank you,

Marc

Verified Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 16 May 2013 5:14 AM

Hi Marc,

This is possible. If you create query in the AOT you can set the Query property AllowCrossCompany to 'Yes'.

Then specify the query in the form 'Document data sources' and activate it.

When retrieving the data it is not limited to only one company.

In AX2012 R2 version you have the choice of adding a query with data source type 'query reference' or 'custom query'. Within the custom query you can specify which records and which companies will be available by access thru the Excel add-in.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Marc Puig responded on 21 May 2013 12:20 AM

Thank you André, that's it. Is there any possibility to change this propierty to an AutoReport's Query??

Best regards,

Marc

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 21 May 2013 1:15 AM

Hi Marc,

The AutoReport uses the datasource from the form. So this is not possible. If the datasource on the form is already crosscompany, this will work of course.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Verified Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 16 May 2013 5:14 AM

Hi Marc,

This is possible. If you create query in the AOT you can set the Query property AllowCrossCompany to 'Yes'.

Then specify the query in the form 'Document data sources' and activate it.

When retrieving the data it is not limited to only one company.

In AX2012 R2 version you have the choice of adding a query with data source type 'query reference' or 'custom query'. Within the custom query you can specify which records and which companies will be available by access thru the Excel add-in.

kind regards,