Question Status

Verified
Vasanth Arivali asked a question on 21 May 2013 4:38 AM

Hi Folks,

I am facing Maximum Buffer size error in Ax 2012 CU3 while trying to edit a project line item from the project list page. But it allow to edit while I double click the line item from the list page and click the edit button in Project Edit form. This is what I unable to understand the execution of the query which they used in the same form.  In the error msg itself contains and recommends to split the tables in the smaller units. But there are no customized table in that form, all are sys tables and working fine while I am double click which i mentioned earlier. As per some other blogs, they are not suggesting to increase the buffer size due to AOS instability. It's a client environment, they didn't enable debugging. Could any one help on this issue please.

Thanks in advance :-)

Vasanth Arivali

Verified Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 21 May 2013 4:47 AM

Hi Vasanth,

The standard AX2012 buffer size is set to 24k. You can increase it. On other implementations this did not result in instability. Then the message dissapears. The standard buffer size in AX2012 R2 is 48k.

Take also a look at the next thread with the same issue: community.dynamics.com/.../104340.aspx

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Verified Answer
Dick Wenning responded on 22 May 2013 6:24 AM

There are perhaps fact boxes open, this will also impact it, minimize them can also help you.

those have also queries

Kind regards, 

Kaya Solutions

Dick Wenning

+31 6 147 989 53 

Landjuweel 5

3905 PE - Veenendaal

OTHER CONTACT INFORMATION

Verified Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 21 May 2013 4:47 AM

Hi Vasanth,

The standard AX2012 buffer size is set to 24k. You can increase it. On other implementations this did not result in instability. Then the message dissapears. The standard buffer size in AX2012 R2 is 48k.

Take also a look at the next thread with the same issue: community.dynamics.com/.../104340.aspx

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Vasanth Arivali responded on 21 May 2013 4:52 AM

Thanks for your valuable reply Andre, I will try this and update you as well :-)

Vasanth Arivali responded on 22 May 2013 5:12 AM

Hi André,

Thanks for your reply again, It is working fine, now I am able to edit the project form. But I am getting the same warning which I got earlier. see the below screen shot. Give me your valuable suggestions

Thanks in advance,

Vasanth Arivali

Dick Wenning responded on 22 May 2013 5:33 AM

go to system administration, Server configurations.

in the right 2 fast tabs exist, one is batch one and one called performance optimization

there is setting for Maximum number of tables in joins

Kind regards, 

Kaya Solutions

Dick Wenning

+31 6 147 989 53 

Landjuweel 5

3905 PE - Veenendaal

Vasanth Arivali responded on 22 May 2013 5:53 AM

Hi Dick Wenning,

Thanks for your valuable reply, How it will affect the performance if I change the count to 30 to 40(currently my issue with 33 and join count is 30). Kindly suggest me.

Thanks in advance,

Vasanth Arivali

Dick Wenning responded on 22 May 2013 5:59 AM

so you have views, queries that have more than 33 joins.  I should analyze these cases and rewrite the queries.

the warning you get is of warning purpose.  of course you can change it to 100 for example.

but trust me a form with that kind of queries will slowdown

Kind regards, 

Kaya Solutions

Dick Wenning

+31 6 147 989 53 

Landjuweel 5

3905 PE - Veenendaal

Vasanth Arivali responded on 22 May 2013 6:09 AM

Hi Dick Wenning,

Thanks for you immediate reply :-)

I am facing issue in Project Form only. It doesn't contains any customized tables but have customized fields in ProjTable. So there is no added views/tables/queries in that form. That is why I wondered how it exceeds the limit.

Thanks for your suggestion again.

Vasanth Arivali

Verified Answer
Dick Wenning responded on 22 May 2013 6:24 AM

There are perhaps fact boxes open, this will also impact it, minimize them can also help you.

those have also queries

Kind regards, 

Kaya Solutions

Dick Wenning

+31 6 147 989 53 

Landjuweel 5

3905 PE - Veenendaal