Question Status

Unanswered
Eitan Mizrahi asked a question on 4 Jul 2013 12:39 AM

Hello.

I am using AX 2009.

There is a problem on a specific environment, when doing search a specific string in whole aot, when searching strings

(I dont know if it is the searched string problem, because it is like vendtable.insert()- with a dot inside). 

The search ends too fast (couple of seconds), and the result of search is empty (even I know for sure that the search string exists).

Martin Dráb responded on 4 Jul 2013 2:22 AM

That's not enough information to reproduce your problem. Searching for vendtable.insert() works without problems, but the dot means "any character", so vendTableXinsert(), for instance, will be found as well.

Martin "Goshoom" Dráb | Freelancer | Goshoom.NET Dev Blog

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 4 Jul 2013 7:23 AM

Hi Eitan,

Is it possible that the selection was changed to a specific object only?

When you first select the classes node and search for a keyword, all classes are within the search. When you click a class e.g. AssetCopy the field "look in" will be changed when you activate the search form again. Then only this object will be crawled.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.