Question Status

Verified
Elie asked a question on 15 Jul 2013 12:29 PM

Dear All,

I am working on a project for a retailer who is asking to implement Dynamics AX POS system across his shops. the customer is also using a third party CRM and ERP system at the HQ, and AX-POS should be integrated with it.

any advise you can provide on this model, any previous experience or similar projects would help me greatly.

Thank you

Elie

Verified Answer
Mauro Pedro da Silva responded on 16 Jul 2013 6:57 AM

Hi Elie,

For approaches such as that I've recommended at least one installation of AX Headquarters to be responsible for the Store integration. And then integrate the legacy systems (non AX) to that Headquarters. This way you will leverage all the out-of-the-box functionalities that is already working to keep the data integration between Headquarter and Stores.

I believe an approach that tries to integrate AX POS with a non-AX Headquarter would take a lot of effort to be customized and would be more expensive and risky to maintain.

Regards, Mauro.

Verified Answer
Mauro Pedro da Silva responded on 16 Jul 2013 6:57 AM

Hi Elie,

For approaches such as that I've recommended at least one installation of AX Headquarters to be responsible for the Store integration. And then integrate the legacy systems (non AX) to that Headquarters. This way you will leverage all the out-of-the-box functionalities that is already working to keep the data integration between Headquarter and Stores.

I believe an approach that tries to integrate AX POS with a non-AX Headquarter would take a lot of effort to be customized and would be more expensive and risky to maintain.

Regards, Mauro.

Pavel C. Ondreicsik responded on 16 Jul 2013 6:59 AM

hi,

there are some interesting blogs about Dynamics AX for retail out there (a really techy one http://axretail.blogspot.de/) . Also, don't forget about partnersource. It's always a good starting point.

Unfortunately, the POS system has some bugs, and picking the right version is really important. I would strongly recommend you go with AX 2012 R2. If not, try to go with at least Dynamics AX 2012 CU3.

Elie responded on 28 Jul 2013 12:12 AM

Thank you Pavel for the tip, I will share it with the partner in order for us to be on the safe side

Elie responded on 28 Jul 2013 12:13 AM

Thank you Mauro for sharing your experience, I believe your approach makes perfect sense, integrating one module of AX with another system will for sue be challenging and not realy worth the investment. I will shar the info with the partner