How do you GenerateInventDim in a import/export entity?

This question is answered

I have an entity set up with the following:

Query:  Datasources: InventItemPurchSetup (Parent), InventItemSalesSetup (Child), InventItemInventSetup (Child).

All 3 tables have the InventDimId and InventDimidDefault, which will be generated upon Staging to Target.  

I'm trying to set up my GenerateInventDimId method, however, nothing seems to be working...

I have tried:

entity.InventDimId, target.InventDimId, and nothing at all other than returning a container.  Usually only 1 or 2 of the tables will end up with the InventDimId I am trying to use while at least 1 is always missing it.

Verified Answer
  • From what I can see, you should return the container containing the value you want. To attach more than one Target field to the function, use Modify Target Mapping from the Target Entities form then use the 'Mapping Details' instead of the 'Mapping Visualization'.  

All Replies
  • From what I can see, you should return the container containing the value you want. To attach more than one Target field to the function, use Modify Target Mapping from the Target Entities form then use the 'Mapping Details' instead of the 'Mapping Visualization'.