Question Status

Unanswered
smoyer asked a question on 12 Sep 2013 2:21 PM

When I imported both vendor and customer contacts into AX 2012, I noticed that you can see the list of contacts in the contacts section in the common area under Sales and Marketing Module. But, when you look at contacts in either accounts receivables or accounts payable under all vendors/customers you can't see those contacts.

Can anyone tell me the reason why I can't see contacts in the accounts payable/receivables contacts list?

Dominic Lee responded on 12 Sep 2013 9:04 PM

Hi Smoyer,

If you look at the ContactPerson records imported, is there values for "ContactForParty" field?

kind regards,

Dominic Lee

My blog | PBC

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

smoyer responded on 13 Sep 2013 7:39 AM

In my import template I have a field called "DirPartyTable_ContactForPartyNumber". I do not have this field filled in on my template. Is this the field that you mentioned above?

lally responded on 13 Sep 2013 8:24 PM

Hi SMOYER ,

Are u using the Excel add-in or DIEFramework tool to import the data ?

Dominic Lee responded on 15 Sep 2013 6:22 PM

Hi Smoyer,

I think that is the field. If you try create a contact for a customer/vendor in AX, you should see that field filled with the "party" number of the customer/vendor. That is the linkage between a contact and a customer/vendor.

In AX the "Party" concept is part of the Global Address book implementation. You can find more information here:

- Global Address book overview (technet.microsoft.com/.../gg231541.aspx)

- Implementing the Global Address Book Framework (White paper) (technet.microsoft.com/.../hh272867.aspx)

kind regards,

Dominic Lee

My blog | PBC

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

smoyer responded on 18 Sep 2013 7:41 AM

Thanks everyone for the help! I think I figured it out during this past weekend. I was using excel and the DIEF to load in contacts. I looked into the AOT to try and find the name of the exact field and did some trial and errors.

Oscar_Hdz responded on 18 Sep 2013 4:07 PM

I imported contacts with DMF the group is Contact Person you can select the fields.