Question Status

Unanswered
Clinz717 asked a question on 13 Oct 2013 2:28 AM

I need to change signs for debit and credit in MICROSOFT DYNAMICS AXAPTA 2009,

Currently its showing - for all credits and + for all debits.

Appreciate for some qucik feedback

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 13 Oct 2013 11:55 AM

Hi Clinz717,

This seems to be OK to me. What signs would you like to see? Are you talking about a single form, report or more scenario's. Please be more specific in your question.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Clinz717 responded on 13 Oct 2013 10:26 PM

Thanks for the feedback.. yes it seems to be ok. But as of now my income statement and all other related entries are showing - (minus) for incomes. So if i have a profit it shows -100,000.00 . I need this to be +(positive) .

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 14 Oct 2013 4:54 AM

Hi Clinz717,

Income, turnover, profit is normally posted with credit amounts. So it is indeed correct that a minus (credit) is used. For reporting I can imaging you like to see "positive" result.

E.g. with financial statements, management reporter or Excel you can format these values like you want to display it. Standard AX reports will show the - (minus) as the system does not know what account is used for income.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.