What Will Happen To WM1 and WM2 in AX 2012 R3 ?

This question is answered

With R3, will a user be able to optionally select to use either WM1, 2, or the new WAX/TRAX module during configuration.

Verified Answer
  • You don't have to configure to a WM1 or WM2. It's just a matter of whether or not you are going to use the more Advanced features or not.

I might misunderstand, but both are available in AX2012 from the get go... All modules are available in AX now. You only pay for Licenses for each user.

This will be the same with the new features. They are available, you can opt to use them and if you want to remove them you reduce the features throught the License configuration. I always turn off the feature for Catch weight for instance, but leave alot of the other features available since they might come in handy some day. The Security features minimize the options for the end users anyway.

• It will be available in R3 so therefore if you configure the system to use the elements they will be available as WMS I or II

Steve Weaver | Dynamics AX Solution Architect - UK | My Blog

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

All Replies
  • You don't have to configure to a WM1 or WM2. It's just a matter of whether or not you are going to use the more Advanced features or not.

I might misunderstand, but both are available in AX2012 from the get go... All modules are available in AX now. You only pay for Licenses for each user.

This will be the same with the new features. They are available, you can opt to use them and if you want to remove them you reduce the features throught the License configuration. I always turn off the feature for Catch weight for instance, but leave alot of the other features available since they might come in handy some day. The Security features minimize the options for the end users anyway.

• Thanks Fredrik,

Your answer clrifies quite a bit. As a followup question, will users of WM1 and WM2 be able to utilize the advanced TRAX module or is that reserved solely for the advanced WAX configuration ?

• It will be available in R3 so therefore if you configure the system to use the elements they will be available as WMS I or II

Steve Weaver | Dynamics AX Solution Architect - UK | My Blog

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.