Upgrade to R2 Upgrade Code upgrade checklist, Upgrade your Metadata wont complete

Upgrade to R2 Upgrade Code upgrade checklist, Upgrade your Metadata wont complete

This question is not answered

Hello,

I upgraded to R2 and moved copied my test environment to a new development environment and I am going through the USR layer Code upgrade checklist for in-place upgrade.  I have been able to go through the checklist, however I am running into an issue.  When I run "Upgrade your Metadata" I immediately get an error that says "Please click 'mark as complete' when the task is done."  The problem is the task never ran.  I assume this task would take a couple hours as it says it recompiles and upgrades the code.  Please help as this is really delaying me.  Thanks for your help.

All Replies
  • That checklist item is purely a placeholder item which is used to allow you to go out and manually perform whatever steps are needed to make code changes required as part of a version upgrade, and you would be running your own compiles/CIL generation as you progress through making your code changes. When you are done making your own changes, then you mark the item on the checklist as complete to get to the next step.  There is no automatic functionality behind the checklist menu item.