Question Status

Verified
adny2k asked a question on 13 Nov 2013 8:41 AM

Dear All

I want to close all partial invoice sale order and the status of these order is open order.

Regards

Verified Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 13 Nov 2013 11:06 AM

Hi Adny2k,

I think you delivered partially and invoiced only the delivered goods. Then indeed you can have older open orders. You can during posting of the packing slip or invoice specify whether the remaining quantity should be closed or not. This is a possible way to close the orders already. As you don't have to deliver and invoice any goods, you can manually use the deliver remainder function on the sales order lines.

It could be automated, but then you have to write some logic within a script (AOT: Job)

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Verified Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 13 Nov 2013 11:06 AM

Hi Adny2k,

I think you delivered partially and invoiced only the delivered goods. Then indeed you can have older open orders. You can during posting of the packing slip or invoice specify whether the remaining quantity should be closed or not. This is a possible way to close the orders already. As you don't have to deliver and invoice any goods, you can manually use the deliver remainder function on the sales order lines.

It could be automated, but then you have to write some logic within a script (AOT: Job)

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

adny2k responded on 13 Nov 2013 11:27 AM

Thanks for Answer . Can u guide or any other AOT script for closing. actually there thousands of order open.

Regards

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 15 Nov 2013 2:15 PM

Hi,

Unfortunately I cannot help you right now. When I had this script myself available I would have shared it. It needs to be created with knowledge of the datamodel and x++ programming language. If you don't have the skills you can find someone to do it for you.

The SalesLine contains the fields RemainSalesPhysical and RemainInventPhysical. Also related to the sales line a record exists in the InventTrans. This record should be set to zero or deleted.

You can look on the form SalesUpdateRemainder for some ideas how to call the logic.

Then you also have to think about on which conditions an sales order can be considered as really closed and thus update the deliver remainder.

kind regards,