Question Status

Verified
Praveen M asked a question on 2 Dec 2013 11:13 PM

In Accounts payable, is it possible to link more than one ledger account in the posting.  During purchase order, the user would like to choose which account should be affected, is this possible?

Praveen Kumar. M

Verified Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 3 Dec 2013 12:02 AM

Hi Praveen,

During posting it is not possible to change to another account. To have another account used, you have to change the settings.

I wonder why you want to change it during posting. For controlling purposes this would be a disaster.

If you are using it for a one-time vendor, I would recommend you to create one-time vendors per ledger account (e.g. domestic, foreign).

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Shahid Usman responded on 2 Dec 2013 11:23 PM

hi kumar

yes its possible.

you can setup posting profiles according to the vendor groups or individual vendor or all vendors.

for example you specify group in account code then select relevant vendor group in account/group number then specify gl accounts in summary and other fields.

now during purchase order respective posting profiles will be used provided you have mentioned vendor group in vendor form.

Regards,

Shahid

Praveen M responded on 2 Dec 2013 11:32 PM

Hi shahid,

For eg: if the user is posting a purchase order by default i have mapped the posting profile account as 1001 - accounts payable. Now during posting instead of 1001 user wants to select 1002. As we have in GP we can change the posting account during posting

Praveen Kumar. M

Verified Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 3 Dec 2013 12:02 AM

Hi Praveen,

During posting it is not possible to change to another account. To have another account used, you have to change the settings.

I wonder why you want to change it during posting. For controlling purposes this would be a disaster.

If you are using it for a one-time vendor, I would recommend you to create one-time vendors per ledger account (e.g. domestic, foreign).

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Shahid Usman responded on 3 Dec 2013 12:02 AM

Hi Kumar,

In AX user can not override posting profiles during posting. summary account for every vendor is mentioned in vendor posting profiles . AX uses posting profiles for recording transactions , now if a vendor belongs to some group and vendor posting profiles have been setup for that group AX would use those posting profiles. or if for a particular vendor/vendors  separate posting profiles have been setup AX would use them but it will not allow user to override.

Regards,

Shahid