Question Status

Verified
Nirvana115 asked a question on 27 Jan 2014 4:50 AM

I want to import an excel file with DIEF CU7 and i have this Error:

The version of Microsoft Excel is not supported.-The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine.

Any help pls.

Suggested Answer
Tommy Skaue responded on 27 Jan 2014 5:43 AM

I've been experiencing the same issue. I don't think Excel is properly supported in CU7. I never got it to work. I recommend using csv files instead.

Tommy Skaue | Dynamics AX Developer from Norway | http://yetanotherdynamicsaxblog.blogspot.no/ | www.axdata.no

Nirvana115 responded on 27 Jan 2014 5:58 AM

Thanks Tommy for your reply.

But DIEF cu7 doesn't support CSV file...

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 27 Jan 2014 7:13 AM

Actually it DOES support CSV files. You have to create a Source data format with Type file. Using the fields in the Field group File you can setup how your CSV file is formatted.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Nirvana115 responded on 27 Jan 2014 7:27 AM

Thanks Andre for your reply.

1- Create a Source data format with Type: file

I am using the same solution, but i have this error : Sample file is in incorrect format-

Kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 27 Jan 2014 8:06 AM

Hi,

When do you exaclty get this error? Check the format of your file and the settings of the source data format. Did you use the right Code page (source data format setting).

Please provide more information.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Nirvana115 responded on 27 Jan 2014 8:22 AM

Hi Andre

DIEF ------ COMMOn ------PROCESSING GROUPE -----ENTITES ( i choice entity )------ when i click in Generate Source Maping i have this Error :  Sample file is in incorrect format-

kind regards,

Verified Answer
Nirvana115 responded on 28 Jan 2014 4:31 AM

Thansk for all member,

i have resolved the probleme.

In Source Data Format -------> File Format : choose Delimited and Column delimiter : i choose Comma {,}.

And my Excel Files i save as  to format CSV.

Kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 28 Jan 2014 4:34 AM

Hi,

Glad you found it. It should be something within the setup, we were not able to see....

kind regards,

Nirvana115 responded on 28 Jan 2014 4:47 AM

Thanks ANDRE.

AND thanks For All member in community...

kind regards,

Verified Answer
Alex Anikiiev responded on 10 May 2014 5:18 PM

Hello NIRVANA115!

Please find a candidate solution described on my blog here: ax2012dmfdataimport.blogspot.com/.../dynamics-ax-2012-dixf-issues-and.html

in order to work with native Excel files I DIXF

The problem may occur in case you have 32-bit Microsoft Office installed on 64-bit machine (OS)

For example, this exactly the case with Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Demo VM

In order to resolve this issue you can install 64-bit Microsoft Excel Driver as described in my blog

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

/Alex

Gaston Otero responded on 29 Jul 2014 3:17 PM

Hello guys, i'm getting the error The versión of Microsoft Excel is not supported. Just that. I ran any posible solution described in this log, but whithout any succed. Any help will be apreciate.

Windows server 2008 R2 64 bit

SQL server 2008 R2

Dynamics AX 2012 R2 Cu7.

Microsoft Office 2013

Verified Answer
Nirvana115 responded on 28 Jan 2014 4:31 AM

Thansk for all member,

i have resolved the probleme.

In Source Data Format -------> File Format : choose Delimited and Column delimiter : i choose Comma {,}.

And my Excel Files i save as  to format CSV.

Kind regards,

Verified Answer
Alex Anikiiev responded on 10 May 2014 5:18 PM

Hello NIRVANA115!

Please find a candidate solution described on my blog here: ax2012dmfdataimport.blogspot.com/.../dynamics-ax-2012-dixf-issues-and.html

in order to work with native Excel files I DIXF

The problem may occur in case you have 32-bit Microsoft Office installed on 64-bit machine (OS)

For example, this exactly the case with Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Demo VM

In order to resolve this issue you can install 64-bit Microsoft Excel Driver as described in my blog

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

/Alex

Suggested Answer
Tommy Skaue responded on 27 Jan 2014 5:43 AM

I've been experiencing the same issue. I don't think Excel is properly supported in CU7. I never got it to work. I recommend using csv files instead.

Tommy Skaue | Dynamics AX Developer from Norway | http://yetanotherdynamicsaxblog.blogspot.no/ | www.axdata.no