Question Status

Suggested Answer
haitham_love0 asked a question on 2 Mar 2014 1:36 AM

hello all:

In ax 2009 I already created production order also i make all the same steps right, I finish the order and the status for it Ended, but when i need to transfer give me error  mean there is no quantity to transfer, how can i fix this Issue.

Thanks & Best Regards

Suggested Answer
Steven Weaver responded on 2 Mar 2014 5:13 AM

Check the RAF journal that you actually booked a quantity in, then note the site and warehouse. Then check the balance at that level and the transactions. In all likelihood assuming you reported >1 then it is either reserved or has been moved - both so it is unavailable to transfer.

Steve Weaver | Dynamics AX Solution Architect - UK | My Blog

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Suggested Answer
Nitesh Ranjan responded on 2 Mar 2014 7:55 PM

Please validate if Item is available at From inventory Location for transfer or not.

If  system returns '...no quantity to transfer...' message  it means Stock is not available at approprate loaction.

What i sugegst Utilize the function

Prodcution Orders > Inventory (button) > Trace (option)

to find out what is the status of Item produced.

Please verify

Please update with your feedback.

Regards, NITESH RANAJN (PMP) | Dynamics AX Consultant

If this post helps you, Please verify this answer and earn Thank you Badge for yourself (Follow this link for more details https://community.dynamics.com/braggerbadges/badge/48.aspx)

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 4 Mar 2014 8:17 AM

Hi,

Can you indicate if the goods are reserved on e.g. a sales order? Then you can expect this error. A workaround would be remove the reservation, transfer the quantity and reserve again.

You can also create a small customization to handle this when validating/posting the transfer journal.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Suggested Answer
Steven Weaver responded on 2 Mar 2014 5:13 AM

Check the RAF journal that you actually booked a quantity in, then note the site and warehouse. Then check the balance at that level and the transactions. In all likelihood assuming you reported >1 then it is either reserved or has been moved - both so it is unavailable to transfer.

Steve Weaver | Dynamics AX Solution Architect - UK | My Blog

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Suggested Answer
Nitesh Ranjan responded on 2 Mar 2014 7:55 PM

Please validate if Item is available at From inventory Location for transfer or not.

If  system returns '...no quantity to transfer...' message  it means Stock is not available at approprate loaction.

What i sugegst Utilize the function

Prodcution Orders > Inventory (button) > Trace (option)

to find out what is the status of Item produced.

Please verify

Please update with your feedback.

Regards, NITESH RANAJN (PMP) | Dynamics AX Consultant

If this post helps you, Please verify this answer and earn Thank you Badge for yourself (Follow this link for more details https://community.dynamics.com/braggerbadges/badge/48.aspx)