Question Status

Verified
Ritzell asked a question on 7 Mar 2014 1:39 AM

Hi!

Our customer need to add internal and external information on order lines.

The internal information is normally directed to the receiving staff and holds item specific information they should be informed/aware about.

Question #1:

As this is item specific information they would like to be able to add a internal note on the item and have the note follow through to the order line, which I haven't managed to achieve. Note seems to be related to item only, and a line note must be made manually. This of course means retyping the same message for every new order of that item. Did I miss something here or is this the way it should function.

Question #2:

When internal notes are made on the order line. We would like to be able to see that note from the Arrival overview form to. In the form, there is a document icon in the bottom of the window, but it is inactive for some reason. Any ideas how to make this work?

/E

Verified Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 7 Mar 2014 1:54 AM

Hi Ritzell,

If you are using the document management within AX, notes, files etc are stored per table/record reference.

So indeed you have to retype them. Or... If you want to have notes copied, you probably have to create a customization.

Is it possible here to use extended item descriptions? Then you can append the text into the item description field of the order line.

You can specify the table in the form 'Active document tables' (Organisation administration, Setup, Document management)  and see if the icon becomes available. Also the note for copying the notes applies here as well.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Verified Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 7 Mar 2014 1:54 AM

Hi Ritzell,

If you are using the document management within AX, notes, files etc are stored per table/record reference.

So indeed you have to retype them. Or... If you want to have notes copied, you probably have to create a customization.

Is it possible here to use extended item descriptions? Then you can append the text into the item description field of the order line.

You can specify the table in the form 'Active document tables' (Organisation administration, Setup, Document management)  and see if the icon becomes available. Also the note for copying the notes applies here as well.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.